>General Running>Today's 14.5-mile commute to work...on foot
1) How am I going to catch you if you keep doing crap like this? Aren't you due to start tapering for something soon?
2) Ain't it hard to find good running routes into a major city? The thought of trying to run into downtown Nashville gives me the creeping horrors. (Yes, Nashvillians, I could take Hwy70/West End the whole way, but that doesn't seem very appealing).
3) And the biggie - where do you carry your briefcase?
VA123, I think sweating is a good thing. It's a sign your body has a good cooling unit.
My body breaks a sweat even when it's below 32F.
'07: 1324.5 | '08: 1561 | '09: 1810.9 run ~ 208.7 bike | '10: 1,000.3 run ~ 3513.5 bike | '11: 710.3 run ~ 4157.9 bike '12: 659.9 run ~ 3365.6 bike (100% benched by ortho last 4.5 weeks while in long-arm cast)
• DON'T BREAK ANYTHING!!!
• get within 5#s of 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)
• 1st olympic distance duathlon
• 1st Iceman Cometh mtn bike race
• Half Fanatic
• punch Type 1 in the junk
gimme some sugar, baby
I bring everything I need in a back pack, clothes, food, etc. Heaviest pack to date was 17 pounds ( i forgot to leave my work shoes in my locker)
Me and my gang in Breck
Now that is pretty hard core. Both ways and carrying a pack. You must feel like you can fly on the days you get to run without a pack.
Today's run was pretty good. Went a slightly more direct route and went a little slower since I was tired and it was effing cold out there--though still the warmest day this week, which is why I did the run in on Thurs instead of Wed this week.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."
sub 2:50 marathons and a 4:55 mile...
Nice! In fact those are roughly my goals for the next year or so.
© 2013 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved.