RunningAHEAD iPhone App (RunForth) - now available (Read 722 times)

The RunningAhead iPhone app, called "RunForth" is now available in the app store. Thank you to all of the beta testers (you know who you are) who helped make this possible. I could not have done it without you.

A very special thanks goes out to Eric, who without this wonderful site and a useful API, I could have never completed this undertaking. 

If you have feedback, or feature requests, please head over to the support site, as opposed to this thread.

Finally, the app is still young -- it may not have those sweet bells and whistles that apps like Runtastic, Runkeeper, MapMyRun, etc. have. Rest assured that I will be continuing to work on the app to flush out all of the features outlined here.

So please, download RunForth, use it, abuse it, rate it, and share it!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

obiebyke

WHOA! It's awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Feeling the growl again

Fantastic!  I will check this out on my work phone.

Is their any plan to looking towards Android?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Thanks guys!

No plans from me regarding an Android app. There was some talk of Derek (who wrote HandyRunner) passing off the source to someone else, but I'm not sure what ever happened to it.

Docket_Rocket

Downloading it now.  Thank you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Woot!  I mostly use my Garmin watch for live tracking, but it will be awesome to have all my history available so conveniently, and have the option to track the days I forget my watch at home.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Thank you for doing this. I don't run with my phone, but it will be great to have a good app to access my running data.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

stshipley7

Thank you for doing this. I don't run with my phone, but it will be great to have a good app to access my running data.

Me too, thanks so much!!!!

Thank you! I'm currently downloading it. Smile

Thank you! I'm currently downloading it. Smile

+1

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Chasing the bus

Yup, I'll be grabbing this soon as I get to wifi

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

You guys are most welcome! Please feel free to provide any and all feedback you may have.

Dad, Runner, Programmer

This is great! I had considered doing this a couple years back but abandoned the idea once I started using a Garmin.

But, this is still useful in cases I forget my watch, or I want to look at my workouts or enter them manually. So thanks for getting this done!

I'll add my feedback to the support site, but wanted to say here this is a great initial release. Excellent Work!

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

some call me Tim

Add my voice to the chorus - thank you! This is a great app - love the initial features and layout is clean and intuitive. I also don't generally track with my phone but even so it's great to be able to access my runningahead data in such a streamlined format. Even with the limited initial feature set it's a page one app!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Downloading  it now. Will test it tomorrow while wearing my Garmin 405.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/