Overall Swim Total incorrect (Read 765 times)

Overall Swimm Totals for 2011 and Totals is incorrect. The 2011 total displays 3,250 yds but should be about 158,000 yds. The Total row should have around 266,000 yds.

I'm not sure when it started displaying the incorerct totals, but I think its in the last couple days.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

FWIW, mine happens to look correct (82miles). 

266,000 yards = about 151 miles. 

If you delete the last workouts (at least 1.8 miles worth), what does it show?

(I know that ericSmile will be able to answer properly why you see what you see.)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

DoppleBock

My swim totals look right on - Still trying to stay unde 1,000 miles for the yearBig grin

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

My swim totals look right on - Still trying to stay unde 1,000 miles for the yearBig grin

You are obviously a much better swimmer then I am although I did do 3 miles last night after my two 10 milers yesterday (10.5 run, 10.5 bike).Shocked

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

FWIW, mine happens to look correct (82miles). 

266,000 yards = about 151 miles. 

If you delete the last workouts (at least 1.8 miles worth), what does it show?

(I know that ericSmile will be able to answer properly why you see what you see.)

It must have something to do with the last 3 swim workouts, but I haven't deleted them yet. 

Are you saying that you see the correct toals when you look at my log?

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

eric :)

You're the third person that reported this problem:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/f27cd64e14de4e7c999e84ecdf10c777

I am running a report to see how pervasive the problem is. 

I don't currently have any idea how the cached distance became out of sync with the actual data.  Do you remember if you did anything differently?  I don't expect you to remember, but anything would help narrow down my search area.

It must have something to do with the last 3 swim workouts, but I haven't deleted them yet. 

Are you saying that you see the correct toals when you look at my log?

No, I see 1.8 as well.  I was wondering originally whether it had to do with passing 100miles.

MTA: I just created a graph from your data that shows 2011 YTD swimming of 90 miles.  But, from your summary, I see the 1.8 (as you do) for the YTD miles.

Life Goals:

You're the third person that reported this problem:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/f27cd64e14de4e7c999e84ecdf10c777

I am running a report to see how pervasive the problem is. 

I don't currently have any idea how the cached distance became out of sync with the actual data.  Do you remember if you did anything differently?  I don't expect you to remember, but anything would help narrow down my search area.

After looking back a few days ago, I see that my "weight" unit field was entered as "kg" instead of "lbs". I dought that had anything to do with it. Other then that I don't think anything was different.

I'll try and delete the last three swim sessions later today and re enter them to see if something changes for my totals.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I deleted the last three swim workouts that were the ones that semed to be the only ones that was being totaled for 2011 stats. After deleting them I looked at the summary page and the 2011 total was zero.

I then edited the Oct 28th swim and changed the date to Nov 2nd and it was then included in the 2011 total (which now read 200 yds).

I then changed the date of that swim workout back to the original date and the 2011 total reaimed at 200 yds. 

I reentered the data from the three workouts I deleted, then looked at the summary again and its now 5250 yds.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

(I know that this is in the Technical Support forum, but...)

On the bright side, though, it properly reflects the fact that you did 49 1/2 hours in the pool swimming so far this year.

Life Goals:

I deleted the last three swim workouts that were the ones that semed to be the only ones that was being totaled for 2011 stats. After deleting them I looked at the summary page and the 2011 total was zero.

I then edited the Oct 28th swim and changed the date to Nov 2nd and it was then included in the 2011 total (which now read 200 yds).

I then changed the date of that swim workout back to the original date and the 2011 total reaimed at 200 yds. 

I reentered the data from the three workouts I deleted, then looked at the summary again and its now 5250 yds.

There's nothing you can do to get the numbers back in sync.  I'm trying to track down the cause of the discrepancy.  Once the report is completed, I'll reset your cached data which would then be back in sync again.

I'm sure you're working on it, but I thought I'd let you know that the swim category no longer includes the "2011" total and the "Total" portion is still incorrect.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Fixed,

THANK YOU

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Fixed,

THANK YOU

I'm still looking into the problem.  Not sure exactly how the cache got out of sync with the actual data.  Since it's taking longer than expected, I just reset you cache (which is why it was missing) and when you added a new swim entry, the cache is regenerated.