Trying a new shoe... (Read 1081 times)

Asics Gel Nimbus 9 During my lunch break I went and bought these for myself. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Michelle

I believe Tricia wears those. LIKE The color of that model!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I believe Tricia wears those. LIKE The color of that model!
        They're very similiar to the Gel Stratus that I've been wearing. These offer more cushion, and more toe room. And, they are supposed to last longer, we'll see about that. Roll eyes

Michelle

Scout7

Any particular reason you went with them?
            Any particular reason you went with them?
            Today I tried on a bunch of different shoes including: Mizuno Wave Brooks Radius Other Asics The only shoe that felt comfortable instantly was the Asics Gel Nimbus. More costly than I had hoped but worth it if they last longer. They have the right toe room without being too big all over. Smile

Michelle

Prophet!

i've always wanted to get the Nimbus b but they're a bit too tight for me. The Cumulus is a bit wider and this year's version is much lighter than last year's one. I've gotten almost 500 miles on my current Cumulus IX and i'm pretty hefty so i'm sure yours will last.
                I wear these! (in purple, but I wish I had known they came in blue) I got mine for $70 .... my friendly local running store said they were being discontinued Confused
                2009: BQ?
                PWL

Has been

Nimbus is a great cushioned neutral shoe. Both my wife and I have worn that series in the past. Great shoe! Cool

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Another Passion

I have VII's and VIII's and love them. The VII's are just as you've described your's, cushiony with good toe room (I have EEE width, but average length feet which makes shoe-buying a NIGHTMARE) and these have been most comfortable. I think that you will find them to your liking.

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I had those and though they were great in every other area, they weren't wide enough for me- even in the wide width. Nice, cushy and lightweight! The New Balance 1061's are what I wear now. Super comfy.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had those and though they were great in every other area, they weren't wide enough for me- even in the wide width. Nice, cushy and lightweight! The New Balance 1061's are what I wear now. Super comfy.
                        Yeah, I found that with the Asics Kayano -- another duck-footed NB girl. I really wish Asics would make wides that were actually W I D E! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The New Balance 1061's are what I wear now. Super comfy.
                          I'll have to pass this information on to my aunt, she's heading the New Balance outlet in Maine and wants to buy me a back-up pair of running shoes. I'll suggest the 1061's. Smile

Michelle

Prophet!

Yeah, I found that with the Asics Kayano -- another duck-footed NB girl. I really wish Asics would make wides that were actually W I D E! Tongue k
                            Cumulus (Cumuli ?) are actually really wide...i wear the 4E width. I've been wanting to try NB but the cumulus have worked so well for me i'm afraid to try other shoes
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cumulus (Cumuli ?) are actually really wide...i wear the 4E width. I've been wanting to try NB but the cumulus have worked so well for me i'm afraid to try other shoes
                              Does Asics make more than one wide width in men's sizes? That's what gets me...in the Kayano they have just the medium and wide (and maybe narrow?). The eqiv. NB shoe for women (1222/1223) comes in FIVE widths. That's why NB rocks my world. I've pretty much given up trying to find shoes from any other company. I had hot spots and blisters in several places with the Kayano. Michelle, I think the 1061 must be a nice shoe, since I always see a lot of them at races. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Michelle, I think the 1061 must be a nice shoe, since I always see a lot of them at races. k
                                Of course, everyone's foot is different, but I tried Mizuno Waves, Saucony Trigon & Triumph, ( was my absolute fav brand but not enough wide sizes), 2 other NB models, Asics Nimbus 9. The 1061's finally worked!! Forgot- tried the Asics Cumulus too, but they didn't seem as cushy as the Nimbus 9's.