Cannot add workout type (Read 1022 times)

Prince of Fatness

I'm trying to add a workout type within the Run activity and I receive the following message...

This workout type already exists and cannot be added.

The problem is that this activity does not exist when I try to add it.  It is not on the screen when I am viewing the Run activity, and it is not in the drop down list when I am logging a run.

I tried adding it with the name Fartlek.  When I clicked save I got the message above.  I tried Fart-lek and it worked.

I am running Firefox 6 on a Windows 7 machine.

Suggestions?

Not at it at all. 

Same thing happened to me.

It occurs when adding any activity that was originally setup as default (Fartlek, Long Run, Easy, etc).  I had customized several of my run activities and then recently found the need to add a "new" activity that I tried to call Fartlek.  I got the same error.  Then I did some trial and error and was able to rename one of the original activities back to Fartlek...so I assume this one was the default Fartlek back when I opened my RA account.

Two workarounds that I have found:  The easy one is simply to name your new activity as some variant, like Fartleks or your example (Fart-lek).  The anal retentive workaround would be using trial and error to find and rename the original default Farlek activity.  Then set up a new activity and name it whatever you were using for the prior activity.  Then go into your log and edit the affected workouts to mirror the newly defined activity designations.

In my case, I went the long way since it only affected a couple of dozen entries...but for a bigger subset of entries, the long workaround is too much of a PITA to mess with.

I'm sure this is something that Eric could look at for us...

eric :)

MrPHinNJ,

It sounds like you renamed the built-in fartlek type to something else and now you are trying to create a new workout type for fartlek.  Even if you rename a built-in type, they continue to hold the original name.  The only way to have fartlek is to let fartlek be fartlek.  Maybe I should disallow users from changing built-in workout type names to avoid this confusion.

Prince of Fatness

MrPHinNJ,

It sounds like you renamed the built-in fartlek type to something else and now you are trying to create a new workout type for fartlek.  Even if you rename a built-in type, they continue to hold the original name.  The only way to have fartlek is to let fartlek be fartlek.  Maybe I should disallow users from changing built-in workout type names to avoid this confusion.

I don't remember doing it but I must have.  I tried renaming the WTF type (don't ask) to Fartlek and it worked, so I must have done it to that one.  To fix it I created a new WTF type, searched on Fartlek (there were only 2), edited those to use the new WTF type.  So, now I am good.

In the future I will not rename any of the built-in types.  Thanks for your help.

Not at it at all. 

Lazy idiot

Maybe I should disallow users from changing built-in workout type names to avoid this confusion.

Yes, please.

Tick tock

"run" "2" "eat"

The only way to have fartlek is to let fartlek be fartlek. 

classic.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Why is it sideways?

"run" "2" "eat"

WHAT NOW, BISHES?!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

jpdeaux

WHAT NOW? DISHES!

When you've done the dishes, could you please list all the forum topics currently running which do not mention sj so I can safely open them and not fear I'm going insane? And I don't mean the Jesuit topics. Those I can handle. 'prec.

"run" "2" "eat"

if you don't like the current choices, make something new. be the solution!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

What would h4x0rz do:

Create a new custom workout as FartIek with capital I (i) instead of lowercase l (L).