Polar RS800CX - HRM w/ GPS (Read 898 times)

Is anyone using the new Polar RS800CX series of GPS heart rate monitors? Polar FINALLY added the ability to map your route...which was the last thing I've been holding out for. Would love to hear personal experiences with it, if you're using it. I absolutely hate my Garmin 205 (3 defective units, plus they don't have enough battery life for my runs) and would love to swap it out for this if people are having good luck with it. http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/running_multisport/RS800CX_MULTI Thanks, - Chris

jules2

Looks good, I only use a basic HRM and was thinking of upgrading to a Garmin so I would also be interested in hearing what people think. By the way Chris had one of your multi tools for years, they rock Just found this link but haven't had time to read it yet. http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47001

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

As an owner of an RS800SD that I don't use, you'll love the Garmin after trying to use the Polar. Trust me... Get the 305 or the 405... How does it not have enough battery life. Do you run for 10+ hours at a time?
          As an owner of an RS800SD that I don't use, you'll love the Garmin after trying to use the Polar. Trust me... Get the 305 or the 405... How does it not have enough battery life. Do you run for 10+ hours at a time?
          Yes, I frequently run more than 10 hours... I need something good to 48 hours or w/ a field replaceable battery. I have a 205 and 305. I don't like the Garmin's at all. What don't you like about the RS800SD?
            Its a piece of junk. The watch is poorly made. The watchband breaks. The buttons are hard to press. The HRM seems to not to like to work after a while. I used the footpod and that was unreliable. But you can change the battery yourself. Didn't realize anyone regularly ran for more than 10 hours at a time. If that is the case maybe its for you. And don't you have to get another piece of equipment (armband or something) to get the GPS To work?
              Do you need to view GPS data while you run or would you be okay with GPS data post run? If the latter, you might want to look into USB GPS devices such as the TrackStick. It'd also fulfill the your on time requirements.

Vim

labhiker

I have been of upgrading my old Polar S210 HR monitor and the new RS800CX G3 caught my attention. Does anyone know if basic run data such as splits, ave & max Hr info can be loaded or easily transfered into RunningAHEAD training log? I have read good things about the watch and the software package.

labhiker