Training vs. Racing Shoe.. (Read 249 times)

RunSaintRun

AK, yeah I think part of the problem is the shoes I wear aren't 'roomy' enough to wear a warm pair of socks during the winter. I'll have to keep that in mind when I buy my next pair of trail shoes.  If I may ask where did you purchase the neoprene overbooty??

Thanks!

If I may ask where did you purchase the neoprene overbooty? 

Same question. I was looking at gaiters at MEC.

I was favouring these other than the price.

These ones are 20% of the price, but have some bad reviews.

I'm torn.

2013 Goal: Make 3:00:16 go away - FAIL.

2014 Goal: Make 3:00:16 go away.

DoppleBock

I am unsure of your quesiton - I have 6 pair of training shoes that I rotate to make sure they are completely dry before wearing them again.  I have 2 pair of light weight shoes I wear for the 2 days of speed work each week.  I am a big guy so my light weight shoes are fairly supportive (Asics Tarther - 7.2 ounces)

Hey Gang..

How many if you wear a separate shoe for most of your training miles, then go to something lighter or different for races and speedwork?

And if you do... whats the rotation look like?

http://a-big-horse.blogspot.com/ 

2013 Goals ~ Mar < 3:00, 5M < 29, 10k < 35  

AK, yeah I think part of the problem is the shoes I wear aren't 'roomy' enough to wear a warm pair of socks during the winter. I'll have to keep that in mind when I buy my next pair of trail shoes.  If I may ask where did you purchase the neoprene overbooty??

Thanks!

http://www.crescentmoonsnowshoes.com/accessories/index.php

but bike shops may have something similar. CM were about 5mm thick and the original bike ones I had were a bit closer to 3mm. My originals came from local bike shop (day before a winter tri that looked to be 0F or colder, and we hadn't been that cold yet), and don't remember where I actually bought the CM - someplace online.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog