Best Earbuds for running (Read 6457 times)

I have the Sennheiser PMX70's and love them, I tried lots of different styles (over the ear, clip on the ear, various buds, nike ones similar) but nothing even compares to these. It did take a few runs before I got use to them, but they work great. Even during longer runs, over an hour, no problems. I'm going to buy another pair and try a pair of their MX75's, because my wife tried mine and wasn't sure so I figure I can get two for her to try and the extra one will be a back-up. I also where them when I'm biking, both mountain and road, and works great for that too. Only thing doesn't work too well for is when I'm lifting and I have my head against something, i.e. benching.

2015 Goals 
    1800 Logged Miles

13.1 under 1:31:00 1:29:52 11/8/15

Sub 3:20 Marathon (3:31:42 Steamtown Marathon - stomach issues)

PR
    5K 18:57.84 (5/31/2014)
    8K 32:45.96 (3/15/2015)

10K 42:22.55 (9/2/2013)

10 Mile 1:09:20 (8/23/2014)

1/2 Marathon 1:29:52.6 (11/8/2015)

Marathon 3:27:11 (10/12/2014) Chicago Marathon IT Band issues late in the race

Running History - Started running in July 2009

5 - 2 Milers / 55 - 5K's / 1 - 6K / 5 - 8K's / 4 - 5 Milers / 4 - 10K's / 1 - 10 miler / 16 - 1/2 Marathons / 5 - Marathons

Running Equipment: Garmin 910XT, Brooks Launch

Blondie

Never tried them, but they look interesting:

Yurbuds

xor

Those make my ears itch just looking at them.

They also look like miniature neti pots.  (you are warned before you image google 'neti pot' that the image, while totally sfw, may make you say "yikes")

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)

Jazz hands!

Sennheiser MX 75 or 85 would be my recommendation.

Ooh, those lock and won't mess with my weird piercings. Sold!

run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Menace to Sobriety

Ooh, those lock and won't mess with my weird piercings. Sold!

Where the hell are you wearing them? They're supposed to go in your ears!! 

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

i sacrificed the gift

anyone tried the JayBird Freedom buds? saw an ad for them in a tri mag. curious.

Friend of mine has these and loves em.  Too rich for my blood though.  That and you have to have a bluetooth device to go with them.  When I go running, I leave my iphone at home and bring a small Sansa clip, and switching to the jaybirds would require I bring my iPhone instead -- which makes them a little less of an upgrade.

I just use isobuds over plain earbud headphones, and they never give me a problem.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
                Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
                Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
                  I have had really good luck with these:  http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-W08L-Vertical-In-The-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00005N6KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266602451&sr=8-1

They don't move around at all and you don't have to jam them too far in.  They are even comfy under your winter hat still.

tippboy

tippboy

I recently got the Sennheiser PMX-80 behind-the-neck headphones and love them, Never fall out, nice sound. Rinse under the tap.
                      I recently got the Sennheiser PMX-80 behind-the-neck headphones and love them, Never fall out, nice sound. Rinse under the tap.

Thanks, man. These are great.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

A slightly off topic question.

I run with an ipod shuffle which has the controls built into the headphone cord.

After just a few runs, the player started bugging out while running, as if I was randomly pressing the controls.

I assume it is due to sweat from my neck seeping into the controls (I sweat like Patrick Ewing) as it seems to get progressively worse during a run.

If I run with the shuffle using a "regular" pair of headphones I don't have the problem, but also can't control the volume or song selection.

Anyone know of a solution to this?

A slightly off topic question.

I run with an ipod shuffle which has the controls built into the headphone cord.

After just a few runs, the player started bugging out while running, as if I was randomly pressing the controls.

I assume it is due to sweat from my neck seeping into the controls (I sweat like Patrick Ewing) as it seems to get progressively worse during a run.

If I run with the shuffle using a "regular" pair of headphones I don't have the problem, but also can't control the volume or song selection.

Anyone know of a solution to this?

This was just a serious design flaw on the new shuffles, in my opinion. I still have my square 2nd gen shuffle with the clip and controls on it. I've never once thought that it needed to be even smaller. I guess Apple thought they could make the device prettier if they removed all the actual functionality from it. You can pick up a 2nd gen on ebay for probably close to the cost of replacement Apple headphones for the new one.

This was just a serious design flaw on the new shuffles, in my opinion. I still have my square 2nd gen shuffle with the clip and controls on it. I've never once thought that it needed to be even smaller. I guess Apple thought they could make the device prettier if they removed all the actual functionality from it. You can pick up a 2nd gen on ebay for probably close to the cost of replacement Apple headphones for the new one.

+1

2017 Goals
                            1) Run more than 231 miles
                            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

You can pick up a 2nd gen on ebay for probably close to the cost of replacement Apple headphones for the new one.

Arg!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love my first 2nd gen. Shuffle so much that I bought a second one to avoid ever having to buy a 3rd gen. one.  I'm hoping Apple regains their sanity in designing the 4th gen. model...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay