running while sick. (Read 827 times)

why exactly are you on Cipro for bronchitis? Confused

Skooter 3.0

It's some kind of bronchial infection and it's also in my ears...so I think that's what the cipro is for. I think I may have misused the term bronchitis.

Goals?

I've just always associated Cipro being prescribed for stomach-related bacterial infections. Basically, Cipro will clean you out good. Dead Never heard of it being prescribed for bronchitis, but what do I know... Tongue
        DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I thought that's what they prescribed for anthrax poisoning Smile

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

well, after I spent a day in human excrement-infested water helping to rebuild a house in Ecuador last year, and then drank a glass of "local water," I was visited by a little microscopic buddy I like to call Pete the Parasite. They gave me Cipro. I didn't stop puking for 2 weeks.

Skooter 3.0

Oh. Good. Sad

Goals?

sorry. i should work on my bedside manner. Big grin
                xor

Cipro is the badassmotherfucker of antibiotics. It has been prescribed to me a couple times when the cillins and the augmentin didn't get rid of the bad mojo. In my experience, it has been the last thing used in the arsenal.... Like other antibiotics, the little beasties are becoming cipro-resistant. So there are certain things that they don't use it for anymore. Uh, gonorrhea. They *do* use it for very specific little beasties, which I'm assuming is what they found or suspect in your case. It definitely gets used a lot for lower GI beasties and good ol' "infectious diarrhea". ANYWAY. Aside from sunlight, I think cipro has some side effects... and (other stuff deleted) Edited to add: I just looked up the cipro info and I am removing something I wrote above, not because it was wrong per se, but because it was something I shouldn't have singled out. If Trent doesn't respond, call your pharm or doctor's office and ask about potential side effects.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cipro is the badassmotherfucker of antibiotics. It has been prescribed to me a couple times when the cillins and the augmentin didn't get rid of the bad mojo. In my experience, it has been the last thing used in the arsenal....
                    Naw. It is really just another antibiotic. All antibiotics intrinsically cover some bugs and don't cover others, all infections tend to respond to certain types of antibiotics and all organisms risk becoming resistant. Cipro is good in your case likely because YOU are colonized by bugs that are intrinsically susceptible to cipro and likely resistant to some of the others. But other folks may have different things.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

why exactly are you on Cipro for bronchitis? Confused
                      It is done. One day you will get to learn all about this Big grin
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, is this something I should be concerned about? I really want to get back to running, but I also don't want to run out in the sun for 2 hours and have some freaky reaction to the cipro...your thoughts?
                        Wear sunscreen or long sleeves and a hat.

Skooter 3.0

Awesome...thanks for the advice!

Goals?

It is done. One day you will get to learn all about this Big grin
                            what I really can't wait for is the fact that a Blackberry is no longer optional. Big grin
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

I take Cipro for UTIs, because I'm allergic to most of the other antibiotics used for this kind of infection. I've never had any kind of reaction to it at all.

...listen to the thunder

Run, Eat, Repeat.