Anti-chafing products? (Read 3223 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My worst running moment ever: Running in the early a.m. on a long straight highway, I was passed by a man driving one of those huge RV-camper things. When he got about a half mile in front of me, I saw his breaklights go on as he pulled over, then pulled away again. When I reached that spot, I realized he had dumped the entire contents of his septic tank there on the side of the road... AWFUL! Dead And I had to run back past it again on my way back! I'll never forgive that man... compared to that, cow manure smells like petunias.
    Ooh, that is nasty! Too bad you didn't get his plate #--that's very illegal!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's disgusting. No
      Wingz

Professional Noob

I haven't done the research on that (yet). I have a question regarding leather chaps... don't they get awful hot on the long rides (on a horse.. keep it clean)? I would think a long, sweaty ride in the sun would lead to as much chafing as any 20-mile run... perhaps we should start marketing the Body Glide to the country-folks.
        I can't speak for everyone, but yes, I found them to be hot... but well worth it. The inside seams (?inseams?) on my jeans wouldn't rub as bad, the SADDLE woudn't rub as bad, the brush wouldn't hurt or scratch as much, and I thought I looked really "cool." Keeping it clean...

Roads were made for journeys...

I haven't done the research on that (yet). I have a question regarding leather chaps... don't they get awful hot on the long rides (on a horse.. keep it clean)? I would think a long, sweaty ride in the sun would lead to as much chafing as any 20-mile run... perhaps we should start marketing the Body Glide to the country-folks.
          My experience with chaps is that if it is hot, you sweat regardless. They don't make the ride any less comfortable. For that matter, they take the rubbing from the saddle that your jeans would usually get. But, maybe Body Glide isn't a bad idea. After enough hours in the saddle, things can get a little raw no matter what you are wearing!!
          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
            I can't speak for everyone, but yes, I found them to be hot... but well worth it. The inside seams (?inseams?) on my jeans wouldn't rub as bad, the SADDLE woudn't rub as bad, the brush wouldn't hurt or scratch as much, and I thought I looked really "cool." Keeping it clean...
            As stated, there is the "cool" factor too... Smile But they do serve their purpose well & I have found them very worth a little sweat.
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3