Treadmill running. Real? Let's talk treadmill "running." (Read 195 times)

joescott

Unsatisfied with the running streak committee decision, so I'm appealing to the general assembly.

Modified with quotes around "running".

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

mikeymike

It has to count or my streak is not intact. And my streak is intact.

I DID NOT HOLD THE HANDRAILS!!

Runners run

sugnim

In my opinion, treadmill exercise is like running, but it isn't really running.  A good comparison would be a spin bike vs. a mountain bike or road bike.  Riding a bike 20 miles in the mountains or 50 miles on the road is biking, but going to a spin class for 30 minutes is not really biking.  It is like biking, but it isn't really biking.  Or a rowing machine.  Rowing a boat in a lake or the ocean is rowing.  Using a rowing machine is like rowing, but it isn't really rowing.  The same goes for treadmills.  A 10 miles run in the mountains or on the roads or track is running.  Time on a treadmill is like running, but it isn't really running.

mikeymike

Everything is different, but the same ... things are more moderner than before ... bigger, and yet smaller ... there's computers.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!

Runners run

Sort of like how I am working now but not really working?

The Pocatello Kid.

It's running plain and simple. Not all runs are equal. Some people run 5 miles at 7000+ elevation some people run at sea level. Some people run at 40 degrees some people run at 100 degrees. Some people run on the track with a group of runners who are similar ability and some people grind workouts on the treadmill solo. Are these runs all equal? No, but it's all running.

The Pocatello Kid.

What's this a reference to? When I was a kiddo, I was into a band who had a cd named this and I never knew what it referred to. I can't imagine you are into 90s punk music.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It has to count or my streak is not intact. And my streak is intact.

I DID NOT HOLD THE HANDRAILS!!

Prove it - where's the video?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

mikeymike

What's this a reference to? When I was a kiddo, I was into a band who had a cd named this and I never knew what it referred to. I can't imagine you are into 90s punk music.

The Ataris were okay but the song lyric is a reference to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Runners run

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Running on a treadmill is running.

It is annoying, boring, dangerous to adjust your uniquely gendered parts while moving, hot, boring, mindless, deadly, hateful, evil, and wonderfully convenient when the sidewalks are covered in ice, boring, boring, boring ... it is all of these things, and it is most certainly running.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

The Pocatello Kid.

ohhhh an 80's flick.... Worth a watch?

The Ataris were okay but the song lyric is a reference to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

mikeymike

ohhhh an 80's flick.... Worth a watch?

Oh hell yes. It's a classic.

Back then everyone thought Keanu Reeves was an amazing actor ... then we realized that "Ted" was actually his real personality.

Runners run

joescott

Oh hell yes. It's a classic.

Back then everyone thought Keanu Reeves was an amazing actor ... then we realized that "Ted" was actually his real personality.

OK, now that is twice in one day you've nearly made me blow Coke Zero out through my nostrils.  (The first one being about the woman holding the handrails at the gym today....  I expect you might have nearly veered off the treadmill belt).

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Village people

I only hold the handrails when typing something into youtube, it still takes me three tries. I fell once, when I forgot that my centre of gravity was off due to pregnancy.

There is someone kicking around who mostly trains in the treadmill and has BQ'ed 7+ times this year. That is enough for me.

mikeymike

I expect you might have nearly veered off the treadmill belt.

Oh, princess, when you have mad biomechanic momentum force balance skills you don't veer off the belt. You run 20% faster with the same effort while breathing through your ears and only striking the belt with your big toes.

Runners run