Two Wheels (Read 1587 times)

xhristopher

Today this happened.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Looks like you left yours stones in there as well. Clown

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Evil Tree is evil.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Today's two wheel installment is spinning.

If I've got extra time, I'll do the spinning class when I go to the gym to swim. Today the instructor was MIA. After the manager came in to cancel the class and lots of complaints and excuses were heard and offered I said screw it and led it myself. Lots of grateful folks, better music, and sweat.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lucky class! You could always do a Sufferfest workout!

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Today's two wheel installment is spinning.

If I've got extra time, I'll do the spinning class when I go to the gym to swim. Today the instructor was MIA. After the manager came in to cancel the class and lots of complaints and excuses were heard and offered I said screw it and led it myself. Lots of grateful folks, better music, and sweat.

When my brother was recovering from a motorcycle accident he went to the local pool for sessions with disabled people ( mental and physical) and they just swam up and down and did a few exersises. One night the instructor went AWOL and after a few laps of the pool my brother organised a water polo match, next week there was a mutiny about the boring sessions the instructor ran and my brother got the blame and was banned from the pool.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

xhristopher

Jules, you must be mighty proud of your brother!

Not wanting to use my own music I sourced a playlist from the group. The woman next to me offered up this sophisticated and sublime ambient/electronic/techno/something playlist. No lyrics whatsoever. Others were commenting on how much better it was than the usual katy perry/beach boys crap. I just wish I was cool enough to have known what any of it was and regret not asking.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The woman next to me offered up this sophisticated and sublime ambient/electronic/techno/something playlist. No lyrics whatsoever. Others were commenting on how much better it was than the usual katy perry/beach boys crap. I just wish I was cool enough to have known what any of it was and regret not asking.

Do you have Pandora?  If you can find the artist for even one song, plug that in and start taking notes--it will automatically play similar stuff.  I've found a lot of cool new stuff on Pandora.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Do you have Pandora?  If you can find the artist for even one song, plug that in and start taking notes--it will automatically play similar stuff.  I've found a lot of cool new stuff on Pandora.

Yes but I don't know the artist(s) at all. We were originally going to go with Pandora but she offered up something better to avoid the random commercial.

After I got out of the pool the maintenance guys wanted to kick everyone out for some sort or work. Obviously they didn't get the memo not to cross the old ladies out for their daily swim. I can report that the pool wasn't closed.

Tomorrow will be worse

Try Bonobo and Aphex Twin - some of it can be a bit weird, but they each have a couple albums are are nice, electronic beats - great chilling music, and great for long runs

Oh, and Gotan Project and Thievery Corporation are good too

if you want harder/faster stuff start with DJ Tiesto

...I prefer my background music to be lyric-free, since it occupies the part of my mind that tends to wander, but leaves the rest of me free to concentrate on the task at hand

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes but I don't know the artist(s) at all. We were originally going to go with Pandora but she offered up something better to avoid the random commercial.

Ahhh...I have Pandora One.  $3/month for unlimited commercial free streaming.  I listen to it pretty much as long as I'm awake.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Try Bonobo and Aphex Twin - some of it can be a bit weird, but they each have a couple albums are are nice, electronic beats - great chilling music, and great for long runs

Oh, and Gotan Project and Thievery Corporation are good too

if you want harder/faster stuff start with DJ Tiesto

I'd recommend The Crystal Method and Daft Punk, too.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Ahhh...I have Pandora One.  $3/month for unlimited commercial free streaming.  I listen to it pretty much as long as I'm awake.

Apparently they are bad at advertising that service because neither I or my wife knew about it and we use Pandora every day. I'll probably end up getting it. I'm happy to pay away adds for services I use daily if the price is fair. I use the cyclingnews app which in a recent update added iAd. I emailed them an offer to pay them if they make it go away for me. Haven't heard back from them on my offer to give them money for the old version of their app.

Good suggestions. I was familiar with some (Tiesto, Thievery, Daft, Crystal) but will re-check them and check the others.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A really good TCM track on iTunes is called Drive.  They actually used part of that on the short-lived FOX series by the same name.  It's one of those Nike/iTune workouts.  45 minutes in length...starts slow, builds to a fast tempo, then cools down.

~ Sarah Kay