A few suggestions about editing workouts (Read 351 times)

Hiya

I've been using the site a bit more recently for cycling and I've come up with a few suggestions. I hope they're useful...

1) when importing from the gps, there is the option to copy form last entry. This is good in that it adds the equipment, but bad in that it adds the last course too. Can there be an option that just adds the equipment? Or if not, when a new, for example, bike entry is added, the equipment defaults to the default bike. At the moment I have to go through each entry just to add the equipment.

2) I generally upload a bunch of entries at the same time and then go through and add the details. When editing an entry I go through  to the Edit Workout Entry page. A few suggestions for this page:

- Can you show the map on this page? I can't remember what each of them are individually. The only way I can do this at the moment is instead of edit workout, I have to go view workout, click map, click summary and click edit. 

- Lots of the boxes for info on the edit workout page I don't use (weather, health, ratings etc) and these boxes take up space. Is there a way to minimise these (and for the site to remember)? Or maybe a way to have a setting to choose which ones to show?

3) Courses don't seem to store properly when I create them as a workout. When I edit a workout I can name a route - such as 'to the pub'. However, when I go to the courses section of the website and look at the 'to the pub' route it is empty. It shows a map but there is no route there.

4) In the courses section, when I click on the name of the course I get a list of the workouts associated with the course. But I don't see the course. When I click on the view magnifying glass I see the course but not the workouts. My suggestion is to have tabs at the top - one for workouts associated with the course, the second for the map of the course. 

an amazing likeness

Unofficial reply:

For your #1 -- I think there is a check box right before you upload the imported GPS data you can uncheck to turn the course assignment off.  The check box says something like "copy previous workout's details" or something along those lines.  Sorry for not being more specific, but I can't test it right now.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

1) when importing from the gps, there is the option to copy form last entry. This is good in that it adds the equipment, but bad in that it adds the last course too. Can there be an option that just adds the equipment? Or if not, when a new, for example, bike entry is added, the equipment defaults to the default bike. At the moment I have to go through each entry just to add the equipment.

I wrote a bit of code a long time ago that is never added to the site.  It identifies your courses automatically so you don't have to manually specify them yourself.  Once I make use of this code, this problem should then be resolved.

2) I generally upload a bunch of entries at the same time and then go through and add the details. When editing an entry I go through  to the Edit Workout Entry page. A few suggestions for this page:

- Can you show the map on this page? I can't remember what each of them are individually. The only way I can do this at the moment is instead of edit workout, I have to go view workout, click map, click summary and click edit. 

- Lots of the boxes for info on the edit workout page I don't use (weather, health, ratings etc) and these boxes take up space. Is there a way to minimise these (and for the site to remember)? Or maybe a way to have a setting to choose which ones to show?

I need to redo the page to make it simpler.  It's in the works.

3) Courses don't seem to store properly when I create them as a workout. When I edit a workout I can name a route - such as 'to the pub'. However, when I go to the courses section of the website and look at the 'to the pub' route it is empty. It shows a map but there is no route there.

When you create a course via the workout page, it's only a place holder.  You still need to map it out.

4) In the courses section, when I click on the name of the course I get a list of the workouts associated with the course. But I don't see the course. When I click on the view magnifying glass I see the course but not the workouts. My suggestion is to have tabs at the top - one for workouts associated with the course, the second for the map of the course. 

This is another one of those redesign tasks that I need to get to eventually.