Cold day for a first race... (Read 823 times)

...Okay, maybe not too cold compared to what I see y'all posting regularly here, but considering we've been in the 70's and 80's for weeks now, 25 degrees and windy was a chilly way to run my first ever race.... 5K in 34:02, 449th out of 553. Not breaking any world speed records here, but for a girl who couldn't walk more than 30 seconds without breaking out into hives and having to run for Benadryl a couple of months ago, I'm proud as punch. Your posts have been good advice and encouragement. Big grin
    I have not run in vain nor labored in vain.... You must run in such a way that you may be victorious. --Paul, Phil 2:16, 1Cor 9:24

You'll ruin your knees!

Very nice! Way to go on your first race! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Congratulations! When is the next race?

Michelle

Feeling all warm and fuzzy inside now, huh? Cool Congratulations WW!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Prophet!

Way to Go on your first race. What's next..
              I'm proud as punch.
              Hehe, love that phrase ... and you should be! Congrats!
              2009: BQ?

Dog-Love

Keep up that great work You will feel better and better!
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Congrats! I think that weather is even worse than my first race was a few weeks ago: 38 degrees and rain. Yuk! But it was still fun!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

for a girl who couldn't walk more than 30 seconds without breaking out into hives and having to run for Benadryl a couple of months ago, I'm proud as punch. Your posts have been good advice and encouragement. Big grin
                    That combined with the weather makes your accomplishment that much more impressive! WTG! So, are you hooked!? When's your next race? Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Suh Weet!! I love cold weather running! Good work Wonder Woman!
                        WTG!! Congrats on your first race!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

that's awesome! you should be proud as punch! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

Aw, yep. I'm hooked for sure. I'm a lot more sore than I'd wanted to be (needed more warm-up and post-stretch, in retrospect), but I'm hooked. I actually got that runner's high that I doubted existed in the past. I did this race as a precursor to my first sprint triathlon, which is May 19. Hoping I'll be ready for that by then! Thanks again... I love this website! Wink
                            I have not run in vain nor labored in vain.... You must run in such a way that you may be victorious. --Paul, Phil 2:16, 1Cor 9:24
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is a sprint marathon?
                                What is a sprint marathon?
                                I know a guy who tried to run one of these once. He ran the first couple of miles of Boston faster than his then current 5k PR pace. Got on TV and everything. There was a great photo of him pulling ahead of the women's leaders. And he'd started in the 1st coral. Pretty impressive. The rest of the race didn't go so well, however. He wound dropping out around mile 18. Alas.

Runners run