Tecumseh Marathon Cancelled (Read 153 times)

Per DINO facebook page:

"Tecumseh Trail Marathon CANCELLED in consideration of road and running safety, due to this winter storm hitting use us head on. More info will be shared sub about possible re-schedule of the race."

https://www.facebook.com/DINOTrailRunning

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Slo

I remember the year the buses wouldn't take us to the start so they did an out and back from the finish line.

Looks like the weather is a little more severe than taht this time though...This is a great trail marathon.

I've heard good things about it. They may reschedule.  I hope so!

Feeling the growl again

We only got the northern edge here, but apparently south -- at the race -- it does look like things were significantly worse (school closures etc).  Looks like we got 2-3 inches on the ground.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Teresadfp

One day at a time

No snow on the ground in Maine.  Not fair!

I'll trade ya!  I imagine your turn is coming, though....

No snow on the ground in Maine.  Not fair!

I've heard good things about it. They may reschedule.  I hope so!

I've done it twice and I can't think of anything good to say about it. Damn hills just keep coming at you.

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

And now Dallas too

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                  Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

C-R

I've done it twice and I can't think of anything good to say about it. Damn hills just keep coming at you.

And people say Indiana is flat. Hah.

Made sense with round two on the way. That mess a couple of years ago when they had to do an out-and-back probably weighed heavy on this decision. Interesting part is that the main local hotel is offering cancellations with no charges. That's damn polite.

It may be a tough race but it's managed by some good people that really care about the running experience.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

It may be a tough race but it's managed by some good people that really care about the running experience.

Yep.

Suddenly I'm hungry for some soup.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've never run Tecumseh, but all the other DINO races I've run have been top notch.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Suddenly I'm hungry for some soup.

Oh man. Nothing better after killing your legs on those hills.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Oh man. Nothing better after killing your legs on those hills.

Nothing better except for free beer out of the trunck of your car.

Kalsarikännit

I remember the year the buses wouldn't take us to the start so they did an out and back from the finish line.

Looks like the weather is a little more severe than taht this time though...This is a great trail marathon.

This is one of my favorite races, and I also did it the out and back year.

I was on a streak of not repeating any marathons (close to 30) when the chance to run this again came up. I couldn't say no. It's that great. It now conflicts with one of my biggest races of the year, and it makes me sad that I can't do it. I hope they get everything straightened out.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

And now Memphis. My club sent runners to 3 marathons. All 3 cancelled.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                                Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?