Going Nucking Futs! (Read 1088 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah...last week it was the raw spot on my foot from poorly fitting shoes. This week it's the chest cold/flu that DH so kindly shared with me. Roll eyes My mileage is in the toilet and that damned 1500 mile bunny is out-of-sight (that's what I get for taunting him as I passed him and put 10 miles between us a few weeks back). Anyone else going stir crazy due to injury, illness, or weather issues? Am I the only one paranoid that they're going to lose fitness and have to scale back for a few weeks? DH has been sick with this flu bug for a week, now. If mine runs that course I can expect at least 4 more days before I will feel up to running. Crap. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Naw, taking 3+ weeks off to let my body and mind and family heal, enjoy the new kiddo and loving it. I'll get back out there soon. I still have some 1970+ miles to run this year.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I was going to ask you, seeing as how you've had several weeks off--does the body want to get back to running or do you feel any sort of loss of fitness? I'm sure I'm just paranoid, huh...? At least your excuse is a fun one...well, except for that lack of sleep thing. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, 42 miles used to be easy. Just a few months ago. This past week, my 5-7 milers have been tough. Tomorrow it looks like I may be running a tough 12 mile course (PWP). Ask me again tomorrow eve Shocked
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yick...that's what I'm afraid of. Sheesh, it takes so long to build up, but tearing down is SO fast. Kinda like LEGO...hmmm... Blush

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, Trent and Zoom, I'm in the same place, taking a few weeks off. It sucks. Zoomie, I expect the weather has been a factor for you up there too. Anywhow, I've been there before (stress fracture) and as long as you keep up your aerobic work--bike, spin, or best of all, elliptical (the closest you can get to running without running), you won't lose much. Trent, congratulations on the new............avatar! Big grin BTW if 1500 miles eludes you, consider the 2000 km group, it's a friendly bunch.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

mikeymike

HTFU. (Yeah it's the most overused FLA on RA but it seemed appropriate nonetheless.)

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, Trent and Zoom, I'm in the same place, taking a few weeks off. It sucks. Zoomie, I expect the weather has been a factor for you up there too. Anywhow, I've been there before (stress fracture) and as long as you keep up your aerobic work--bike, spin, or best of all, elliptical (the closest you can get to running without running), you won't lose much. Trent, congratulations on the new............avatar! Big grin
                  That's the problem...my damned lungs won't let me do jack. I rarely have to use my inhaler outside of during the peak of allergy season or before/during runs, but I woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. That blows. If only it were just weather...I actually wanted to run today, just to say that I went out and did at least a couple of miles in -20ยบ windchill. How warped is it that I was bummed not to be able to do so? Just keeping my fingers crossed that I can get a run in before the weekend. I hate being back at the same sort of mileage I was doing almost 2 years ago. Bah. Does nothing for the weight loss efforts, either. I'm better at burning more calories through increasing mileage than I am at the calorie/food restrictions.

~ Sarah Kay

Anyone else going stir crazy due to injury, illness, or weather issues?
                    yes
                    Am I the only one paranoid that they're going to lose fitness and have to scale back for a few weeks?
                    no
                    Crap.
                    yes

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love Cheryl. Big grin
                        (((group hug))) Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Me too! Now, I'm all for Zoom-zoom taunting me into a long run at -12 C, but these friggin' winds at upwards of 90km/hour have got me really scared! Shocked Just when the wind will die down, the snow will start. Argh! Spring, where are you?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Imminent Catastrophe

Kirsten, sorry about your illness. If it helps, speed evaporates quickly, but endurance will last for 4-6 weeks. My training of late has been sorely lacking, yet I ran my latest marathon in about my median time for the distance and felt pretty good. Once you're healthy, ease back into it and you'll be fine. A couple of weeks is nothing and might actually be a good thing.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, the 40mph gusts we were having today I could do without. I'd rather have colder actual air temps and lighter winds. Anything much above 25mph and I get cranky, regardless of air temp. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A couple of weeks is nothing and might actually be a good thing.
                                That's what I am hoping. I've always heard that it takes about 2 weeks to lose any real conditioning and I have gotten in some miles in the past couple of weeks, but pretty sporadic. I'm just starting to feel like "what's next?" I wish Spring were a little bit closer. Hopefully we have a mild Feb.

~ Sarah Kay