Why we won't be having a Christmas tree this year (Read 779 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One clue...it's not the kid: We put up the tree...and 5 minutes later took it down. Chase has already killed one plant in the house and apparently decided that artificial 6.5' tree would be his next victim. Roll eyes Oh, well...we will be out-of-state for the actual holiday and by this time next year he won't have nuts, which should greatly reduce his naughty behavior. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Who needs toenails?

Ummm... I haven't been on the boards long so I can only hope you're referring to the kitty in the picture and not the little boy!!! Shocked
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, you missed the bit of text above the photo...but it is indeed the kitty. Wink He took one look at the tree and instantly deemed it his nemesis. We've never had such a bonkers kitten as that little gray monster. He's still banished to the basement at night so that we can get a full night's sleep without him deciding that 4am is crazy time. Our older cats really appreciate it, too--they are no longer nocturnal and sleep when we sleep (and then some). k

~ Sarah Kay

Who needs toenails?

Haha, woops! Yes, I did miss that text above the pic. Glad to hear the poor kid won't enter adulthood as a eunuch! As for your little devil... well, evil is kind of the MO for kitties. If it weren't so destructive we'd find it enduring. Wink I don't have cats anymore but I remember when my dogs were pups. It's a wonder any of us lived through it.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We'd forgotten what kittens were like. Our next youngest one is about 8, so he's been a sedate cat for many years...heck, he never really was very active. We call him "Pig," 'cause he's huge and lazy. He was pretty much like that when we found him, and he was only ~6 months.

~ Sarah Kay

Swadvad

One year, about 3 days before Christmas, our tree suddenly hatched thousands of tiny bugs. Shocked The only Christmas we opened presents without a tree. It was still awesome though!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was still awesome though!
                The bugs or Christmas...? Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Swadvad

The bugs or Christmas...? Wink
                  HaHa! The kids were 3 or 4 years old and they thought the bugs were awesome. My wife didn't agree. Tongue

Who needs toenails?

I've always wondered about that. With my luck the year I decide to get a real tree there will be a family of barn spiders nesting in it. Your story of the bugs in the tree reminded me of a friend I had who brought one of the potted ornamental palms in from her koi pond for the winter. Unfortunately there were mosquito larvae in the pot that hatched when brought into the nice warm house. They had thousands of mosquitos everyone. LOL!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They had thousands of mosquitos everyone. LOL!
                      *shudders* I HATE skeeters! Dead Hate bugs, in general. We used to always do real trees...now I'm not sure we'll ever be able to put up a real tree without my thinking of bugs. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Head Procrastinator

He's an adorable kitty though, you must forgive his indiscretions. Besides, you only live to serve his every need. Wink DS is cute too.
                        ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                          Loki just killed a plant this morning (got his claw caught on the stand and pulled the whole stand down. Hope he learned his lesson ( I had to help free him) Dh put our tree up while I was out of town and only put unbreakable ornaments on it. It looks funky right now, but Loki hasn't mess with it much. We had planned on finishing the decorating of it this weekend but everything is up in the air now.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's an adorable kitty though, you must forgive his indiscretions. Besides, you only live to serve his every need. Wink DS is cute too.
                            Hah, true on all counts. And he is a very sweet and friendly kitten, also evil. It's a pretty unique combo. Wink Pam, Chase wasn't even trying to take the tree down, but he was setting in to start chewing on the lights. Earlier this week he pulled a push-pin out of the wall and was chewing on THAT!!! He is truly an insane animal. I'm not sure he's going to make it to 8 months before we have him "fixed." Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Pam, Chase wasn't even trying to take the tree down, but he was setting in to start chewing on the lights. Earlier this week he pulled a push-pin out of the wall and was chewing on THAT!!! He is truly an insane animal. I'm not sure he's going to make it to 8 months before we have him "fixed." Tongue
                              akkkkkkk@ having to wait until he's 8 months. Is there anyway you can have it done when he's closer to 6 months? Though I think the chewing thing will slow down in a month or so. I totally forgot about the chewing. Loki does the hunting and leaves the things to Kallie to chew up Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ditto this!