Mile # 100 today (Read 1820 times)

My legs are killing me

From someone who loves his couch and (used to love) a bag of Doritos, congratulations! It's not easy making that first step and your doing it.

Beginner all over again

we have another running junkie
      Kirsten's got it right Smile

Beginner all over again

From someone who loves his couch and (used to love) a bag of Doritos,.
        Thanks everyone, and that quote is so right on. To add to my 100-mile-a-versary.....yesterday I gave my "bag of chips" to my son. Surprised Who is this person I'm becoming ? ! Cool Again, thanks everyone! It kind of really is difficult to do this running motion. My couch/desk-potato muscles were pretty well developed Wink

Yes, only two zeros....
          Frances, this is an excellent milestone. Keep going. We want to hear from you when zero #3 arrives. Cool

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Beginner all over again

Update...10 weeks later...

Mile #200  this weekend during my 5K PR on Saturday.

I felt great during the race, good the next day.  This is getting fun!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind encouragement.

I felt great during the race, good the next day.  This is getting fun!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind encouragement.

You better watch out or you're going to get compulsive and weird like the rest of us...Next thing you know, you won't feel right unless you've run at least 3 miles per day --- you'll have 5 or 6 pairs of running shoes that you rotate every run.......and you'll start really boring all your friends and family cause you'll be talking about running all the time - and the minute you start talking you will see them all roll their eyes and try to change the subject....

You'll soon realize that you can only relate to runners or other fitness freaks......and wont understand why everyone doesn't have four running outfits and at least 10 or 15 old racing shirts in their dresser and of course they never wear the racing shirts

Every time some one mentions how HOT or how COLD or how RAINY it is out side, you'll just chuckle under your breath at them and then go for a run......

I hope you realize what a serious fate you might be setting your self up for.....

GREAT JOB --- and welcome to our side ----  it only gets better.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

theyapper

On the road again...

Great job, Frances!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Beginner all over again

Thanks, everyone

...enjoying a rest day here....... 

Queen of 3rd Place

Nice bump! Twenty weeks of consistency is VERRRY impressive!

Oh, and the next thing that might happen...destination races....as in, "honey, if we go on vacation to XYZ this year, we can run race ABC while we're there!" 

Ex runner

Beginner all over again

...destination races....as in, "honey, if we go on vacation to XYZ this year, we can run race ABC while we're there!" 

Thanks you!

And, sure, makes sense to me!

Beginner all over again

Update another 10 weeks later

Mile #300+

This Couch Potato to Runner has taken most of this year, but I am still at it.  

Encouragement to those just starting to walk or jog... slow and steady works for me !

I hope to be back around New Year's with the next hundred-marker !

Beginner all over again

I've been at this for One Year now... 

I started with walking :10 minutes (and needing to rest from the exertion, no joke)

and Lookie Me,  I am entering my first Half Marathon in a couple weeks.

Keep up the good effort everyone, especially to the New walker/joggers

You can do it !

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

VERY nice! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

excellent!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

You'll soon realize that you can only relate to runners or other fitness freaks......and wont understand why everyone doesn't have four running outfits and at least 10 or 15 old racing shirts in their dresser and of course they never wear the racing shirts

What!  I'm not supposed to wear those shirts.  I wear them all of the time.  They are nice shirts. 

@Frances, your awesome.  Keep up the great work.  A lot of us started off this way and look at you now.  I truly believe anyone can do it.  They just need to be motivated enough to do so. 

Good luck with your half.  Which one are signed up for?

2011 Goals:
                                  Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                                  Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)