Lehigh River Marathon (Read 880 times)

http://www.vianet.org/marathon/ Pam and Tim....Now I'm getting nervous! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You guys are gonna rock that! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

http://www.vianet.org/marathon/ Pam and Tim....Now I'm getting nervous! Smile
        Nervous & Excited!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck, guys!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Okay. The crazy dreams have begun. I think I'm stressing about the marathon on Sunday. The past three nights I have had some really strange dreams, a few based on running, the rest on some STRANGE stuff. Confused I'm half afraid to go to sleep tonight!!
            Good luck, guys!
            Thank you! Smile
            You guys are gonna rock that! Big grin k
            Tim did his best to make me more nervous. He says "Yeah, we should car pool, you don't know how you'll feel after the race so it might be best if I drive!"....

Michelle

Pam, when are you picking up your race packet? The race starts at 7 a.m. , packet pick up is 5:45 till 6:30 (or something like that). Which means I'll have to leave my house at 4:30 - or earlier. Oh my. Confused

Michelle

DID YOU READ THIS? Smile The course is a net descent course with only one hill at mile marker 14. The hill is called Gary Ward Hill who is a good friend of Bart Yasso, course designer. When Gary heard the hill was going to be included in the race, he begged Bart to take it out. Bart couldn't because of the need for an exchange point and miles, but told Gary if he would do the marathon, Bart would name the hill after him, hence Gary Ward Hill. The course is approximately 6 miles of paved road, 8 miles paved bike trail and 12 miles of towpath. All marathon runners should be able to complete the course within an average of a 14-minute per mile pace. Course maintenance will cease at noon.

Michelle

Pam, when are you picking up your race packet? The race starts at 7 a.m. , packet pick up is 5:45 till 6:30 (or something like that). Which means I'll have to leave my house at 4:30 - or earlier. Oh my. Confused
                  We're probably picking ours up on Friday or Saturday. I can always see if I can pick yours up then as well.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DID YOU READ THIS? Smile The course is a net descent course with only one hill at mile marker 14. The hill is called Gary Ward Hill who is a good friend of Bart Yasso, course designer. When Gary heard the hill was going to be included in the race, he begged Bart to take it out. Bart couldn't because of the need for an exchange point and miles, but told Gary if he would do the marathon, Bart would name the hill after him, hence Gary Ward Hill. The course is approximately 6 miles of paved road, 8 miles paved bike trail and 12 miles of towpath. All marathon runners should be able to complete the course within an average of a 14-minute per mile pace. Course maintenance will cease at noon.
                    Yep! Did you see where they rated segmants of the course?

We're probably picking ours up on Friday or Saturday. I can always see if I can pick yours up then as well.
                      That would work, but I'm not sure what Tim is planning. He's out of town until Saturday sometime. Not having to pick up our packets on race day would allow for less stress in the morning, that's for sure. If I talk to him, I'll ask.
                      Yep! Did you see where they rated segmants of the course?
                      Yep. Not too bad at all! I felt better after reading that.

Michelle

btb1490

Just wanted to throw my good luck wishes out there as well! You guys check the weather forecast about a zillion times already? Big grin
                          Just wanted to throw my good luck wishes out there as well! You guys check the weather forecast about a zillion times already? Big grin
                          Thank you! Yes, it keeps changing!! Now there's a chance of a thunderstorm. Will check again tomorrow, and Friday, and Saturday.... Big grin

Michelle

That would work, but I'm not sure what Tim is planning. He's out of town until Saturday sometime. Not having to pick up our packets on race day would allow for less stress in the morning, that's for sure. If I talk to him, I'll ask. Yep. Not too bad at all! I felt better after reading that.
                            Well if you do get a chance to talk to him let him know I'm willing to pick up packets IF they will release them without needing a drivers license! I know it would make things easier for you guys on race day! Yep I felt much better after reading those. Of course I started wondering HOW BIG that one hill is lol. Last time I ran a race that threw out about just having one hill, turned out the mountain"hill"was half the run (ten miler)

Thanks Bob!!!!! Yep and so far I liked the one where the high was 80 degrees. The low the night before was 55 and it was going to be partly sunny. Unfortunatly that's not what they are saying now. Hopefully my wish of high 75 with low the night before of 50 and partly sunny comes true!

Players on my soccer team are saying stuff like... "have fun, good luck, don't get hurt, soccer starts on the 17th, are you sure you want to run? Why are you doing this? Should we find a sub for you for the first game? What the hell are you running from? Why so many miles? Why? Ummm, break a leg - well don't REALLY break your leg... and my favorite-- "You're a runner and a soccer player!?" (as if there's a rule against it!). That's okay, my friend Holly who is on my soccer team is running PDR on Sunday the day before our first soccer game!

Michelle