Most Annual Miles Run Since 1980--Age 66 (2,680--2 days to get to 2,700) (Read 1134 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Good to hear from ya, Nick! Nice mileage!

Ex runner

Nick, you are my idol!    My goal is to run until 100 (only 45 1/2 yrs to go) & your sound advice/experience is what will enable that goal to be achieved.  2700? wow that is alot of miles for anyone/any age.
      KMB

(almost) unbelievably impressive... what an inspiration, Nick

Thanks

kmb

2013 Goals:

RTB Ultra Done
        BQ (< 3:25:00) Philadelphia 11/17/2013 3:21:45

1666+ miles
        Rhode Island Road Runners

Again, thanks for the nice comments. I did finish the yr at 2,701 miles. Took off New Years Day. Ran a solid 10 this AM. My goal for 2010 is to cut back on the miles--maybe 2,000-2,200 and improve on the quality of some of my runs. Hey, we always have to tweak things a little. Keep running/moving/ walking. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. Oh, make it fun--but you all know that--don't you?

Nick

Another Passion

Congratulations on a banner year, Nick!  Happy New Year!

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Nick,
              wish I had read your comments when I first started running and over doing it. Am no a believer in slower is better. Anyway I hope to still be running when I am 66 and beyone, only 3 years from now. But then I got started late. Goal for 2010 is to run 1000 mi, but then I do not focus on miles, I focus on time on feet. So one goal is to increase weekly running/jogging time to 7 or more hours, which should get me above 25mi/wk.

Thanks for the entry and keep on keeping on!

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.