20s Thursday - No more active.com! (Read 816 times)

First of all, a quick preface for people who are wondering what 20s, 30s, 40s, etc threads are all about. The dinner table discussion above makes me think that the RA people and the CR people are really looking to merge well together. Here's something we always did at CR, and here's why: I started this whole running thing about 2 months ago and wandered into the CR forums looking for a support group of sorts. I landed in the newbie zone and started lurking. I noticed that there was a daily thread for each age range. Since I'm in my 20s, I checked out the 20s thread and started posting regularly. I randomly started talking to (at the time) strangers about random stuff I was doing, and reading what they were doing. It started a sort of informal running log for myself. I found myself pushing through a nasty cough just so the next day I could post to say I had tried. So that's what these threads are all about in case anyone was wondering. Cool The 20s thread is migrating here because active is giving us all headaches.
    I wish my lawn was emo...
      I'm here!
        Hey Sold, glad you made it! How did that Alpine therapy trip turn out? Hope everyone else will make the hop on over here once the holidays are over and people are back at work. I've wasted enough time trolling message boards today, so I have to keep this short and get back to doing some of that work stuff myself. Christmas around here was good. A few more bucks to go into the big ol' flat panel TV fund. Some day she will be mine! Smile
          How did that Alpine therapy trip turn out?
          Me: And Amy:
            Ooooh, jealousy hurts... Looks like you had some decent powder to play in off on the edges. So did you take your own camera on the slope?
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice thread, and I'm jealous about the "Alpine Therapy." Where at? You may want to consider doing this and similar threads in the "General Running" section, as it doesn't seem to fit the "Running 101" billing. I'm no thread nazi -- this is just a suggestion. You could also start a 20's Thursday group. Jeff (who is in his late 30's and wishes he still had access to nice snow)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Yep, we took my 30D and 70-200 f/2.8L IS up since it's best for this sort of thing. We took turns taking photos of each other on the second day up since the visibility on the first was too poor for the camera to focus. It was this mountain: http://www.schweitzer.com/

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey guys!! You can even make yourself a user group and then sign up as a member. We did that with the marathon trainers. Pretty cool stuff over here!