Fall Marathons (Read 1196 times)

I thought it would be cool to see who is running what fall marathon ... possibly faciliate some RA meet ups? I'm running Richmond in November Big grin
    2009: BQ?
      Tricia, What a great idea, thanks! I was going to do the OBX marathon in November, but Richmond is not that far away and, from the website, it looks like a fun race! Count me in! Norm
      If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
      Scout7

Baltimore in October, CIM in December.
          I also want to run Charlotte again in December, if anyone is interested. It is a fun and hilly course!
          If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
            I am on the other side of the country, but I am considering doing the Portland, OR marathon in Oct or the Seattle, WA marathon in Nov.

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Dog-Love

I am running a California marathon (Bizz Johnson) in Susanville in October with 4 Alaskan friends
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              mikeymike

I'm running one. Not sure which. Cape Cod and Maine are my likely candidates right now.

Runners run

I am running Bizz Johnson in October also. Ewa
                  I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                    Just registered for Steamtown in October and plan on doing Philadelphia in November.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

People. Pay attention. There is only one Fall marathon worth considering. Shocked Or do you prefer to run wimpy flat marathons? Roll eyes Heh. Evil grin A RA runner won this thing last year. Another bunch finished. Big grin
                        pay for my plane ticket and find child care and I'll be there Trent Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Columbus, OH on Oct 21 or NYC Marathon on Nov 4 (if I'm selected in the lottery...)
                          derek

Or do you prefer to run wimpy flat marathons? Roll eyes Heh. Evil grin
                            I'd prefer to run a wimpy flat marathon :-).....I'm running Chicago in October

Derek

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Chicago will be a great training run for you! RM5, you should just run down here Wink
                              va

I thought it would be cool to see who is running what fall marathon ... possibly faciliate some RA meet ups? I'm running Richmond in November Big grin
                                Tricia, Norm, I am running Richmod too. I would be interested in an RA meet up. Trent, I think Richmond's probably a better choice for my first marathon, but I am putting the Flying Monkey on my short list for Fall 2008. It looks like a great race. I am not afraid of a few hills or flying monkeys!!!