Funny Health/Fitness-related Irony (Read 987 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As I was driving to our nearest NB store to return a pair of insoless I noticed that on the opposite end of the little strip mall there's a "Medical Weight-Loss" office. I think I let out a little chuckle when I realized the contrast of those two businesses just a few doors away from one-another. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I saw a neighbor driving in to the new 24-hour Fitness that's about 2.5 miles from home. We waved. When I got home, he was pulling into his driveway and asked incredulously "You run all the way over there - and back?". I smiled but it took all my self control not to laugh out loud at the irony. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had actually run 10 miles tonight - so I just said "yeah" and headed inside to shower.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw a neighbor driving in to the new 24-hour Fitness that's about 2.5 miles from home. We waved. When I got home, he was pulling into his driveway and asked incredulously "You run all the way over there - and back?". I smiled but it took all my self control not to laugh out loud at the irony. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had actually run 10 miles tonight - so I just said "yeah" and headed inside to shower.
        Heh, 2.5 miles is about how long it takes me to warm up--I'd love to find a health club about that far away! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh, 2.5 miles is about how long it takes me to warm up--I'd love to find a health club about that far away!
          My gym is 2.5 miles from my house. You have already seen pics of my gym. Wink
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You have a very nice gym. My gym looks like this in about 6 months: brrr... k

~ Sarah Kay

This is my new gym, but it's 3ish miles from home - not as nice as Trent's gym - but a lot nicer than the sidewalks I normally run on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Zoom! Nice light house! I drive my family mad driving all over different coasts shooting lights! I almost came by to see that very one in May, but ended up going to Kalamazoo instead. Big grin
                  Your gym looks very cold, Zoomie! What's all that white stuff on the ground?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom! Nice light house! I drive my family mad driving all over different coasts shooting lights! I almost came by to see that very one in May, but ended up going to Kalamazoo instead. Big grin
                    If you had come this way I would have shown you the way to get that shot of the lighthouse (and you still could have bought some Bell's)--it's a bit off the beaten path. I actually did my longest run of the year out near that lighthouse. There's another neat lighthouse not far from us that I've never actually been to, but my ILs took my son to it a couple of years ago: Little Sable Point k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Your gym looks very cold, Zoomie! What's all that white stuff on the ground?
                      It's kind of like that wet stuff you guys have been getting...send us some, please! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is neat! I just took my son to this one last week when I was visiting my folks in WI: Eagle Bluff Lighthouse

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's a LOT of lighthouses. Cool link, Trent.
                            MI has more natural coastline than any other state in the US. We also have more lighthouses and sell more watercraft than any other state. /fun MI trivia

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey