Introduction (Read 453 times)

chrimbler

Hi, just thought I would officialy introduce myself, I've been lurking here for a little over a month (OK I've made some replies Blush ) Anyhoo, my name is Chris and I'm a runner...this is where you all say "Hi Chris"...oh wait thats AA Big grin I live in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada where I work as a Paramedic, or as sometimes happens 'not work'...EMS stands for Earn Money Sleeping if you were wondering!! I'm 37, OK 38 in March, I started running when I was 16, ran a half marathon...actually walked most of it...I was 16 and I did ZERO training, then I gave up running for nearly 20 years started back up again a couple of years ago, wandered around aimlessly in the barren wastelands of no actual training plan, then decided I would like to run a marathon before I am 40, so thats when I started training, so I'm running the 'Hypothermic Half Marathon' on Feb 10th then the Saskatchewan Marathon, May 25th and if I feel up to it the Queen City Marathon on September 14th (We'll play that one by ear Big grin) So as you can see when I set my mind to something I go balls out, maybe thats why I I just got over Shin splints, PF and still have a pesky IT band problem...none of this stopped my running, maybe I"m dumb or I like to think I HTFU! So now I've bored you all to tears I shall take my leave and feel better in the knowledge that my next post/reply will be made under the assumption that you read this and now know who I am Roll eyes
    Run like you stole it!
      Riders suck! Go Argos... And, welcome. Wink
      Ed4

Barefoot and happy

So as you can see when I set my mind to something I go balls out, maybe thats why I I just got over Shin splints, PF and still have a pesky IT band problem...none of this stopped my running, maybe I"m dumb or I like to think I HTFU!
        Welcome, sounds like you'll fit right in around here. Wink
        Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
        chrimbler

Riders suck! Go Argos... And, welcome. Wink
          I'm actually a transplant from England, so I don't follow sports over here...can't figure them all out...tell me when is considered 'Icing' again?... Big grin Thanks Ed4
          Run like you stole it!
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Welcome aboard! Read up a bit on training priciples from guys like Daniels and Pfitzinger and train a bit smarter and you should be able to fend off those pesky injuries.
              Welcome and thanks for the introduction Smile
              2009: BQ?

Beatin' on the Rock

Who are the Riders and what do they suck? Confused
                Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                  Riders are a Canadian Football Team - Saskatchewan Roughriders. They suck at football.... despite being the champions in 2007. Argos are the team based in Toronto... and since people from Toronto believe we live in the Centre of the Universe we think everyone/everything else sucks. Big grin
                    Welcome! Try a foam roller for your IT band injury. It really helped me. I also found I was wearing the wrong shoes.

- Anya

chrimbler

Thanks for the welcomes everybody Shoes are not the problem, just started training too hard...I'll just have to suck it up and run, I'm also gonna try some yoga
                      Run like you stole it!