Rules for iPhone use (Read 188 times)

Tiefsa

Do you have any friends that won't put their phone away?  I just got one and I'm constantly staring at it!

I had to develop rules on how to use it.

I don't think I'll be able to follow them.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I experienced the same thing when I got my iPhone.  And really, every time I've upgraded since.  Don't worry, that impulse goes away after awhile.

You will, eventually, take a "selfie," though.  Sorry.  (see avatar)

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The worst people in this scenario are the older farts.  My MIL is one of the worst public smartphone abusers (texting in restaurants and at holiday dinner table with family).  She also thought texting and driving was hilariously fun until we told her that our kid could not be in the car with her if she insisted upon playing on her phone.  And she still texts like it's 2001 with an alphanumeric keyboard.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I experienced the same thing when I got my iPhone.  And really, every time I've upgraded since.  Don't worry, that impulse goes away after awhile.

Yeah? When? I've had mine long enough for the new to wear off. Still hasn't!

Tiefsa

My mother in law saw my post.  She said she'll be watching me at Christmas to make sure I don't bust out my iPhone instead of talking to her.

bap

People still use I-Phones? What is this, 2009?

Certified Running Coach
              Crocked since 2013

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

People still read this thread?  What is this, 2013?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

running metalhead

I personally prefer the iPad.

Got one from my last employer and since the very first day I realised it's exceptional capabilities for carrying several mugs of hot coffee!!

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                  - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                  - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                  - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                  - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                  - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)