Patient Zero? (Read 1219 times)

Best Present Ever

<THREAD DRIFT>

That was a mega-cool podcast.  But, then again, anything by RadioLab is awesome.  I only wish they could produce them faster.

</THREAD DRIFT>

continuing the drift, I like the content of Radio Lab, but am really annoyed by the production values.  It makes it hard for me to listen to. 

I had not heard of this story before.  But then it's been a busy week for psychos who kill and eat people, with the guy in Canada grabbing all the attention and some other guy eating his roommate in Maryland, I think?

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

continuing the drift, I like the content of Radio Lab, but am really annoyed by the production values.  It makes it hard for me to listen to. 

Agreed.  I'm not really a fan of their story-telling style.  But their program content is usually interesting.  The narrative for of This American Life is much more to my liking . . . but I've run out of back-issues of that to listen to.

Speaking of Back-issues: Back-Story is a really good NPR show: take current events and reflect on how they compare to history in the USA.  For example: Think govt is corrupt and unproductive?  Take a look at the 18th century america and how it compares.  Their production is a bit amateurish, but it's worth it for the content.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Best Present Ever

I don't think BackStory is carried much out of our radio market in Central Virginia.  It is a good show and worth seeking out the podcasts, for those who like that sort of thing. I have the problem of personally disliking one of the guys, so often turn it off out of principle (boy, that shows them!).  It's pretty much local guys talking to their hometown, though.  

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

bhearn

“Within the limits of current technology by both laboratories, marijuana is the only drug identified in the body of Mr. Rudy Eugene.”

So... he was all set for a nice, effortless long run. Hmm.

Wing

Joggaholic

Why is it sideways?

So marijuana is not harmless?......

Let's put the argument into syllogistic form:

A man eats another man's face.

That man was found to have marijuana in his system.

-------

Marijuana causes men to eat the faces of other men.

Does the conclusion follow from the premises?

bhearn

Yes -- if she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood, and, therefore, a witch!

Feeling the growl again

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/27/medical-examiner-causeway-cannibal-not-high-on-bath-salts/

Surprise!

No Bath Salts!

I've heard about pot giving one the munchies..but dang...

This actually makes the whole episode even more disturbing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

#artbydmcbride

Too bad the idea of demon possession has gone out of vogue!

Runners run

Wasn't the Drudge Report one of the early  right-wing propaganda "news" sites? Seems like it has been around forever.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Wasn't the Drudge Report one of the early  right-wing propaganda "news" sites? Seems like it has been around forever.

I'm not sure it's right wing propaganda.  I find some pretty interesting information from all spectrums of politics.  Most items that people haven't heard about, though, relate to left wing politics or left leaning political issues.

Drudge considers himself Libertarian, so I'd guess that he's very open to being critical of Republican politics (if he were to ever speak or write of his politics).  Since he only links to other's writings, it's not readily apparent when looking at the website what his political stance is.

Drudge's best friend and co-developer and editor of DrudgeReport (Andrew Breitbert) was the guy who helped launch The Huffington Post.  (Breitbert was the guy who died of a heart attack a couple of months ago.)

MTA: today might be a very interesting day on DrudgeReport.com....  After writing this post, site#2 for the day is Drudge, and I'm pretty confident there'll be a lot of viewers there today to get information on the Supreme Court decision that's upcoming.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I thought I accidentally discovered a while back that there was a countervailing "Drudge Retort" from the other side. (Yeah, I misspelled it, and found out that way.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.