Inspirational running photos (Read 10815 times)

btb1490

There have been threads with inspirational stories, inspirational quotes. What are some of your favorite inspirational running photos? Post your favorites here. One of my favorites... Paula at the end of the NY Marathon.
      I saw this picture in the last issue of Runners World. Great photo! I can't even believe she gave birth 10 months before this. Confused Wow.
      invisible

Ann Trason near the end of the Western States 100.
        90 percent of the game is not giving up.
          http://www.xtri.com/c/cnt/images/pix/Kona_Mens_Race/1873-11.jpg I just love this pic, its australian triathlete Chris McCormack at the World Ironman championship in Hawaii in 2006. He ran a 2:46 marathon after swimming 3.2 mile and riding 112... Just the look of determination on his face is incredible. I find it really inspiring Hank

Just running for the fun of it!

invisible

My new running shoes. Smile
              Great thread...I always look for inspirational running pics to put as my desktop, although not necessarily action shots of particular athletes. The nikerunning.com site has some decent ones. I think Adidas had some as well along these same lines.

thumbs up!

It's a video, but I hope it still qualifies. Well worth watching. I cry every time. if I screwed the link up, go to youtube and google Rick Hoyt and Son.
                2010 Goals
                1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                3. sub 30 min 5k
                4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10

thumbs up!

OK. I'm a dork. I DO know how to link, and I know YouTube and Google are not the same thing Undecided Here is the link again: Rick Hoyt and Son - Very Inspirational!
                  2010 Goals
                  1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                  2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                  3. sub 30 min 5k
                  4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
                  btb1490

Another one of my favorites.
                    btb1490

OK. I'm a dork. I DO know how to link, and I know YouTube and Google are not the same thing Undecided Here is the link again: Rick Hoyt and Son - Very Inspirational!
                      You link worked fine! And that is a great video. Google should become a verb in the English language, don't you think?

Beatin' on the Rock

My new running shoes. Smile
                        How do you like those North Face shoes, Invisible?
                        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                        invisible

How do you like those North Face shoes, Invisible?
                          I like them a lot. They're made for ultra distance on very rough technical trails. They're fantastic on snow covered streets and they have unbelievable traction in the (snow covered) forest. They are on the stiff side though and not as breathable as the 'Ultra 103 XCR's'. It's because they're so heavily armoured. I find them very light, but I'll stick to my 'Nimbus' for speed work. Smile
                          invisible

I also like this picture of the guy that's going to win the marathon at the next Olympics.
                              Thanks everyone-all the photos inspired Smile I met the Hoyts at Va beach rock n roll one year and they are truly lovely. Happy running. Kathy

Cause I CAN

See my profile Big grin
                                Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                                http://terri7291.blogspot.com/