WARNING: Eastbay/Eastbay.com is no longer a store I will shop!!! (Read 755 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Remember those awesome shoes I ordered FOUR weeks ago and waited for, as they were backordered, but 30% off ($100 shoes for $70)...? They decided to cancel the backorder today. So when I asked if I could simply have the SAME shoes I ordered, but in a different color this was their response.: Dear Kirsten, Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor that promotion code as it expired on 7-29-06. We apologize for any inconveniences. Sincerely, Michelle R. Customer Service ~~~~~~~~~~ My response: That's really a shame. Not only have I waited patiently for 4 weeks for my order, but now I will have to order them from another source and wait again. Had I known I would not be receiving the shoes at that savings in the end, I would have looked elsewhere in the first place. I have been an Eastbay customer since I was in high school, back in the mid-80s. My high school always ordered all of our track team shoes through Eastbay and ever since I have ordered from your store. Even though I no longer live in Wisconsin I have recommended Eastbay to friends all over the US. I also frequent a running support website and will have to share this negative customer experience with them. Not only will you be losing any future sales from me, but it's likely you may also lose sales from those athletes I am in contact with. Kirsten

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Too little, too late... This AM I wake to find that NOW Eastbay wants to kiss and make up...and re-offer the 30% discount to me. Too bad, so sad, since I have already placed the shoe order with another retailer, as they were offering 10% off on all NB products + free shipping.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well this is promising. So I found the shoes (not the original color I wanted, but I think something was fishy with that, since I haven't seen those shoes in green and white ANYWHERE other than Eastbay) at onlineshoes.com last night where they had a 1 day 10% off sale on all NB stuff (appears that every day a different manufacturer is featured for 10% off, so I got lucky and found those on the right day). They have already been packaged-up and shipped only 24 hours later...that's impressive! They have to come all the way from WAY, though, so I'm guessing I won't have them until maybe the end of next week, but that will still give me ample time to break them in before my first big race the middle of next month. k

~ Sarah Kay