Stevie Ray's Haulin Aspen Trail Marathon Report (Read 453 times)

xor

Last week was the Haulin Aspen Trail Marathon in Bend, Oregon. 3 miles flat, 11 miles up a hill (ALL up a hill), 12 miles watch-out-below downhill. See how I did (spoiler: poorly!) and learn some new terms for falling down here. As always, reports for 100ish different races can be found from my schedules there.

I'm kinda better at short distances, but I have run a couple of marathons. In Providence, I tried like hell to qualify for Boston and came up a couple of minutes short. I was absolutely amazed at how badly the attempt trashed my legs, it was a full eight weeks before I could get back to my 5K pace. I can't begin to imagine what running twice that far would do, you really should cut yourself more slack my friend. Loved the report, especially the highly scientific classification of fall types. Do try to avoid more George-ing, that really doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xor

I cut myself some slack sometimes, for some things Smile. It's just wacky to me that I pulled essentially the same time this year as last year. Considering I ran a marathon the day before last year, but not this year. Ah well. I'm mostly bummed about my heel... that definitely colored how I wrote about the race. yes, I have all kinds of fall types. There are more than the three I mentioned. And no more George of the Jungles, I agree. Thanks for the comments.

your uterus is going to fall out if you don't stop with all the marathons already...
          MM# 1477
          xor

But but I'm running *fewer* this year than last year. I left my uterus with ilene's tortoise.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, you're a sloth. Should be ashamed. Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Nice report, makes me NOT want to try Haulin Aspen. Big grin I see you have PDX on your schedule for the year...I'd love to say hi in person!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7