singlets over t shirts (Read 726 times)

Go Pre!

I've always wondered why singlets worn over t shirts in races is so common. Any thoughts?
    mikeymike

Flying the team/club colors.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Once Eric has the RA tanks ready to order I plan to buy one and wear it over a snug-fitting LS wicking top for races when it's cooler and alone during warmer months. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've always wondered why singlets worn over t shirts in races is so common. Any thoughts?
          Too cold or too much sun or too much embarassment to wear the singlet alone is my guess. My team has a technical shirt as well as a singlet available to race in, so that is quite convenient. I have raced with long sleeves below the singlet before though when it was too cold for the t-shirt.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

PWL

Has been

Too cold or too much sun or too much embarassment to wear the singlet alone is my guess. My team has a technical shirt as well as a singlet available to race in, so that is quite convenient. I have raced with long sleeves below the singlet before though when it was too cold for the t-shirt.
            Who are you running for Blaine? I didn't realize there were so many teams around this area. I always see the Dirigo group, but that's about it.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Who are you running for Blaine? I didn't realize there were so many teams around this area. I always see the Dirigo group, but that's about it.
              I run for Dirigo, but Maine Track Club and PR Racing (although I think they are Triad Racing now) also compete in the Maine Grand Prix. Run to Win (Ziggy's team, who I used to run for) isn't USATF and is more of a club, but they are based in Portland. Crow Athletics makes their way down now and again as well. You also see Whirlaway and BAA coming up (from MA) to races such as the B2B or any of the pub series races. You sometimes will see Sub-5 Track Club (Bangor), Eden Athletics (sister/rival to Crow Athletics from MDI), Aroostuck Musterds, and Spudland Runners (Caribou), although they don't venture down quite as often.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)