Shading a quote or reply (Read 776 times)

When replying to a post, how do I cut a portion of the quote, paste it to my message and have it appear shaded?

Lazy idiot

When replying to a post, how do I cut a portion of the quote, paste it to my message and have it appear shaded?
      Hit the quote button on the post you wish to quote, and then remove the portion of the text between the tags that you don't wish to include. Type your response, hit post, and you're golden.

Tick tock

Hit the quote button on the post you wish to quote, and then remove the portion of the text between the tags that you don't wish to include. Type your response, hit post, and you're golden.
        Alternatively, you can copy-and-paste and then enclose the quoted text in < quote="" /> < uote="" /> tags. However, this method will not identify the original author or the date/time of the quoted text, as you can see from my quote of DrewEOB's reply.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Thank you