Running has made my desk job tough! (Read 892 times)

Go Pre!

Anyone else find that regular running made sitting at a desk all day become nearly impossible. I have been getting so restless and feel weird just sitting around. I am always antsy to get up and do something.
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Anyone else find that regular running made sitting at a desk all day become nearly impossible. I have been getting so restless and feel weird just sitting around. I am always antsy to get up and do something.
      Yeah, I'm the same way. I also find that my legs get really tight if I'm sitting around too much, esp. if I sneak a quick run in at lunch time.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I don't have to go to work but I am here at my desk throughout the day grading papers, helping with homework, surfing the net and posting on forumsdoing other important stuff. I sit on an exercise ball. It's great for spontaneous stretching, balancing and other bouncy fun. Chairs are boring! One thing I like to do is balance on the ball while on both knees...no hands. I've gotten pretty good. Yes

Jennifer mm#1231

Member Since 2008

I have the same problems as you Jeff, I work in the afternoons (run in the morning) and find when it's time to get out of my chair, it takes a while to get my legs to work right and witout pain.
          Scout7

I spend all day reading about running, or talking about running. I SHOULD be doing my job, but I don't.

Lazy idiot

I spend all day reading about running, or talking about running. I SHOULD be doing my job, but I don't.
              Ditto

Tick tock

Burninated Peasant

I have the same problem. I try to get up about once an hour and walk around the building for 5 minutes or so, and this seems to help. Also, my legs don't usually feel quite as restless if I beat them into submission with some extra miles in the morning. You gotta make sure they know who's in charge. After a short run, they just sit there and whine all day, and nobody likes a whiner.
                  I will ditto this! Although this is my first week/first time blogging on the Internet - I have found my activity at work has drastically reduced ... not good, I am self employed, in sales - not good, I don't work ... kids don't eat. I have just found myself being enthralled in reading all about my new running obsession.

The steady plodding of the diligent leads surely to advantage(victory), But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.

Yea, ditto! And I'm afraid I'll get nailed for surfing the net on the company's computer and time!
                    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Go Pre!

I was so antsy not long ago, I ran at lunch in my work attire and shoes ...it was during my last taper, about 1/2 mile in downtown Toronto. Nobody looked twice, they just figured I was late for a meeting I suppose!

madness baby

I don't have to go to work but I am here at my desk throughout the day grading papers, helping with homework, surfing the net and posting on forumsdoing other important stuff. I sit on an exercise ball. It's great for spontaneous stretching, balancing and other bouncy fun. Chairs are boring! One thing I like to do is balance on the ball while on both knees...no hands. I've gotten pretty good. Yes
                        I love that idea, Jen. I'll have to try mine when I'm working from home! Smile
                        deb
                          this is me, today. it's the first day w/o kids, and i SHOULD be packing up my classroom. but. i am not. oh ps: amby on walking while working!