Race report: Hotcake Hustle 10K (Read 180 times)

Disney freak

Hotcake Hustle 10K race report!

(I'm on the left)

Short version: held down in Addison, TX, just north of Dallas.  There were a total of almost 1700 people running the 5 and 10K.  The 10K was 2 loops of the 5K.  My time was 1:23:45.  My goal was to finish, and I did! (My first 10K)  Afterwards, there was a coffee mug, long sleeve tech shirt, pancakes, muscle milk, pizza and beer!

I woke up at 5:30, 15 minutes before my alarm. I had oatmeal, coffee, and water  before leaving at 6:45 to go pick up a friend. Her version of Couch to 10K was "get up off couch, run 10K".  I had an applesauce pouch right before start and a  Gu 2 miles in, which worked out great for my varying blood sugar levels.  It was 60 degrees (yes, 60!) and very humid.  I showed up in shorts and a tank top, and there were all kinds of people in pants, long sleeves, and headbands.  I was dripping buckets in my outfit, so I felt for the people all covered up.  I took a full water bottle, drank whole thing plus got water at both water stations. It was loop course, had a BIG a** hill 1/4 mile long.

I felt good for most of the race.  I got a little tired around mile 5, but it didn't last long.  The party started 30 minutes after race start, so by the time we ate our pancakes, they started shutting it down. The pizza was gone by the time we ate our pancakes.  Next time, we'll remember to gather all our goodies and food before sitting down!

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
    • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
    • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
    • training for Big D half on 4/14

congratulations!  well done.  I was there too.  Fun race.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Great job! Congrats on finishing your first 10K! Looks like you ran a great race. Nice pics!

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Hill Slug

Congrats!  You did great!

All time PR:  1:20 HM. 2:49 M

2013 goal:  Master's PR HM  Recover from illness/finish the year strong

Rage, rage against the dying of the light