Toe bump, phalanges (Read 629 times)

My second toe has a round bump or knob on it, on the beginning of the phalanges bone next to the joint with the metatarsal.  It's a round bump on top, and feels tough like it could be bone perhaps.  I'm not sure when it could have formed, but I know that area has been sore a few times after trying to adjust from heel-striking to mid- or forefoot-striking.  Could it be out of place or healed funny from a small injury?  It doesn't hurt at all to walk or run on.  Thanks.

Shut up and run.

One possible cause could be your foot sliding forward in the shoe, thus having your toes bang against the front of the shoe.   That is more likely to happen with a mid-forefoot strike versus a heel strike.  Check the fit of your shoe.  

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

just a simple cat

Could be a bone spur.   An x-ray will tell.  Smile

Running is stupid