natural beef redefined (Read 545 times)

flatland mountaineer

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Funny only to sickheads like me. It's on a par with the folks who don't believe in vaccinations. Until their kids get polio. Or the general knee-jerk reaction against "GMOs". Never mind that everything we eat (OK, I'm oversimplifying) is a GMO in one way or t'other. I'll go back to my biologist's cubicle now. Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So people who think natural = "humane" are actually encouraging allowing animals to be suffering with easily preventable maladies? How ironic... I'll stick to my relatively cheap meat from vaccinated/medicated beasts, TYVM.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

The link doesn't say anything about beef right now, so I'm going to assume the latest column has changed. But just to respond to the comments: the real point is not that antibiotics are bad. It's that if all your animals need them constantly, you're probably not doing a very good job of raising healthy animals. Feedlot cattle need antibiotics because they're crowded and they don't eat what cattle are supposed to eat: grass. The issue isn't the antibiotics, its the total environment that makes the antibiotics necessary.
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
            The link doesn't say anything about beef right now, so I'm going to assume the latest column has changed.
            I thought it was just me! I had no idea what this discussion was about afer reading about flapjacks. and i think i lost a few brain cells even making it to the bottom of that stupid article!!