I'm Back!!! (Read 840 times)

This is my first week back running after having my baby. I am soooooo happy and tired! long store short I was told not to run while prego I was so upset. After she was born I could not wait but was told to "take it easy" Well now I have the go ahead. So my long runs are now what I thought were my short runs when I was running my marathon. Soon I'll be back up to shape! It's good to be back!

an amazing likeness

Soon enough your short runs will be today's long runs...

Keep in mind the words of LongRunNick, based his 33+ years of running...."Start easy: then back off. Rest days are required. And if you can't sing your favorite song while running--then you are running too fast."

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

thanks , it is very hard for me to start slow but I know thats what I need to do. My next maraton is not untill Feb 2010 so I'v got some time Smile
        redleaf

I love that you have a marathon planned! Enjoy your running and what's your daughter's name?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

McKenzie Smile
              This is my first week back running after having my baby. I am soooooo happy and tired! long store short I was told not to run while prego I was so upset. After she was born I could not wait but was told to "take it easy" Well now I have the go ahead. So my long runs are now what I thought were my short runs when I was running my marathon. Soon I'll be back up to shape! It's good to be back!

It must feel good to be out and running.

Is your running now handycapped with a stroller, or is it your "time alone"? 

Running - cheaper than therapy

it's my time when Hubby is home Smile But mostly it's baby and me.  Baby is to young for the running stroller have to wait till she is 6 months. So I put her in the car seat for nap time while I run on the dreadmill.  I have learned to sing itsy bitsy spider song over and over while running, so I know I'm at the right heart rate hehehhehehe.  For speed work its " lets see if I can run another 1/4 mile untill she starts to cry." I'm a whole new person after a run! Smile
                  Hooray for Running Moms! Good for you; I loved running with the running stroller.  I recall being able to do up to ten, which is about all my daughter could stand (even with a stop to nurse; I'm a pretty slow runner, so that took us a while).  FYI, a great children's CD is "The Dragon Fly Races" by Ellis Paul.  I often give it as a baby gift.  The title tune is a great racing song.  Good luck with your the new adventures in your life.
                  relax. don't worry. have a homebrew.
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations on running again!  Have FUN being a mom.  It's wonderful!

A Saucy Wench

Welcome back!   I didnt have treadmill access when mine was born so I had a standard "anytime the baby wakes up to nurse and it is after 4:00 I go running the second I put him back down"   Ugh.  But it made me a much better mom to ds than I was with dd.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

My dreadmill puts her to sleep, I think it was all those months cooking her that I walked on it she knows the sound. Although it is very short lived soon shes up and ready to go. For the moms out their that breast feed or fed, OMG I have to have 2 sports bras on!  know of any good ones? Thanks again every one!!!

Another Passion

Congratulations on the new baby and welcome back!

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com