Arrest made (Read 523 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think part of the issue could be terminology. If the suspect is being treated as an enemy combatant, the term "arrested" may not be applicable. So, someone may indeed have been apprehended but not arrested, if that makes sense. Seems to me that something like this is going on with the retraction of the news story.

Whoa, I hadn't thought, they could be whisking someone off to Gitmo. OTOH, it could be domestic right-wing extremists, because for them, Patriots Day has special significance.

Feeling the growl again

CNN (and others) are left with egg on their face on this one (especially John King).

What passes for news media organizations today are in such a rush to be first, they forget it's more important to be right.

The media today cares about their own interests (being first at the expense of being right, filling their time slots with provocative mouthpieces rather than keeping the people informed).  They are no longer "the press".

I have only watched perhaps 10 minutes of TV on this event, on Monday.  Virtually everything I heard then has turned out to be wrong.  Why waste my time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Treadmill Addict

I don't know much about law enforcement or investigations of this type, but is it possible that they do have someone in custody, but the FBI didn't want anyone to know it yet, so accomplices would still try to contact that person or something? So maybe when the info leaked the FBI said hey, wait a minute, we still don't know anything, blah blah blah. Just a random thought. If not, I hope they're getting close.

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

Julia1971

The second paragraph - specifically the (bleep) - is uncalled for.  You made your point in the first paragraph.

Slow down folks, they will find the people responsible in due time.   I am sure the FBI does not want to make a mistake such as they did in Atlanta 1996 by acting too fast, but they will get the culprits.  We always seem to in these cases in due time.  And remember in Atlanta, it took some time before they got Rudolph... It certainly didn't happen in 48 hours.

As far as "not judging", well, with this (bleep) and others like her on TV (And getting high ratings no less), I imagine that millions of folks will be tuned in to hear who she thinks did the deed.

xor

So the thing nobody is talking about is the Ricin stuff (much like the Anthrax stuff right after 9/11).

They made an arrest in that.

I suspect that the medianewswhatever got their wires crossed on what was going down.

But I know nothing.

--brown skinned man

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Whoa, I hadn't thought, they could be whisking someone off to Gitmo. OTOH, it could be domestic right-wing extremists, because for them, Patriots Day has special significance.

I've been considering this since you brought it up...I don't think that kind of situation would benefit anybody, including and especially the feds.  The public is howling for someone to blame, and the longer we don't get someone, the worse they look*; if they had suspect in custody, I don't think they'd keep it a secret, at least, not in the "Gitmo" sense.  Not unless releasing a name would endanger an ongoing investigation.

*in the general public eye.  Those of us who prefer quality detective work over speed like it when they take their time.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Feeling the growl again

So the thing nobody is talking about is the Ricin stuff (much like the Anthrax stuff right after 9/11).

They made an arrest in that.

I suspect that the medianewswhatever got their wires crossed on what was going down.

But I know nothing.

--brown skinned man

Given that it takes 2-3 days for mail to get to its destination, the bombing on Monday and the ricin over the past couple days seems a bit much of a coincidence.  The post-9/11 anthrax was not so conveniently timed to suggest a connection...close but a week or so later.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, The Ricin thing has been solved... (Idiot put his initials on the letter, plus other connection clues) The person that murdered the 3 DA's has been solved, and we have solid leads going on the Boston bombing as well. (Because they chose to place the bombs in broad daylight with their faces exposed when 1,001 cameras were running + folks snapping photos and video with their phones.)...  Domestic criminals in at least 2 of the 3 cases, and is still 'wait to see" on Boston.  All I can say is that in all 3 cases, I have never seen such blatant lack of attempt to remain anonymous!

As it is, the Boston perpetrators will be captured in due time, and it is starting to seem like sooner than later.  Developments happening so fast that the FBI can't even hold a press conference because leads seem to be progressing by the hour.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

aponi

never runs the tangents

If we learned anything from Ocean's Eleven its that there are cameras everywhere.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

interesting....

I'm a little surprised and confused by this SmokingGun post.

Time will tell.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

kcam

If we learned anything from Ocean's Eleven its that there are cameras everywhere.

Person of Interest ... FTW here.

keeponrunning

FBI released photos and video of 2 suspects.  Just on the news here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/18/fbi-photographs-video-suspects-boston-bombings

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Another, very large, very clear photo depicting one of the suspects.  There is no way that these creeps will not be apprehended, unless EVERY single person they know is as massive a waste of skin as they are.  Someone just HAS to recognize them from the photos and do the right thing by reporting them.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Scary morning up in the Boston area.  Stay safe, my friends.

Not at it at all. 

Turbolegs

One suspect shot dead after exchanging fire with the police.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/19/live-blog-police-action-in-boston/?hpt=hp_t1

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.