Skechers Won the Boston Marathon (Read 594 times)

That's point I was trying to make.  Did I need to explicity say that?

Yeah I was agreeing with you in response to tho op and thread title.

Runners run

delicate flower

Yeah I was agreeing with you in response to tho op and thread title.

Alrighty then! 

<3

We really hope to get the shoes into your local run shops soon so you can try them!

---------

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

We really hope to get the shoes into your local run shops soon so you can try them!

Running warehouse?

steph  

I need more support and stability, does Sketchers have any plans for that kind of shoe?

Not yet... our California reps are trying!  If  you ask RW to stock us, they might!

Running warehouse?

---------

Well, to answer in two ways... our shoes have plenty of support, but there is no "stability" posting like in an Adrenaline has a dual density midsole, or the Wave in the Inspire.

Through the geometry of the GOrun line... we have found some cool ways hiding "stability" and keeping the shoe smooth and your foot well supported.

I need more support and stability, does Sketchers have any plans for that kind of shoe?

---------

Albon

I have been in Skechers Performance Division shoes for about a year an a half now. What first brought me to the brand was of course my running shoe addiction. GoRun actually cured that addiction. I fell in love with the great road feel of the shoes and the flexibility. At first the Speed was not available and I contacted Skechers. Two weeks before last years Boston I got my hands on a pair of Speeds. And wow! Seth describes the Speeds really well here, for me at Boston this shoe help me to go the full 26.2 and get my first sub3. They really helped me to get up on my toes when I was loosing my form in the end and the snapping feeling got me motivated to continue...Sounds like lot of crap and bull but thats how it felt........Today Im a Skechers Ambassador and very proud to have been with the brand for a a long time.

I have reviewed most of the Skechers shoes here:

www.therunningswede.com

This is a great source for all GoRun questions you might have, great video reviews by Kurt Stockbridge:

www.skechersGOrun.com

#haveafastday

www.therunningswede.com

Was great to see you at the expo ALBON!  Great race

---------

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Didn't see any Skechers at the OKC Expo, but after we left, DW needed to go into Ulta to get some stuff.

As we pulled into the shopping center where it was located...

Ta-dahhh!

Pickings were pretty slim, it being an outlet and all, but I did walk out with a new pair of GoRun 2's for a grand total of $46.06!  I like how they feel (in the store, at least...haven't run outside in them and probably won't get to for a couple of days), reminds me a lot of Brooks PureConnect - the original ones, which I never got around to actually buying, but liked how they did seem to encourage my midfoot to hit first on similar store jogs.

I do worry they won't last for as many miles, as many reviews have noted, but...$46.06!  Quite certain I'll get more than my money's worth (even if I'd paid the full $80 MSRP).

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I do worry they won't last for as many miles, as many reviews have noted, but...$46.06!  Quite certain I'll get more than my money's worth (even if I'd paid the full $80 MSRP).

Nice find.   The GOrun2 was an alright shoe for many... and I was working for another brand when it was released so have only done a test run in them a couple times... wait until you get your feet into the GOrun3 though.  MAJOR improvements, much better feel.

As far as mileage.... I avg. about 80-100mpw, and have no durability issues at all with my GOruns.  I  have a few pair in the rotations with 350+ miles on them, still going strong.  No reason you won't see  400 miles.

Cheers!

---------

degregorius

In full disclosure I work for Skechers Performance (and if you follow these forums you might know me as the same runner who spent the last 4 years working for Mizuno) and I also ran Boston and PR'd (although a solid 35min slower than Meb) in the same Speed racing flats.

I only joined the brand a few months ago, as I started consulting on some product and really fell in love with how the shoes (specifically the Speed2 and GOrun3) felt on the roads, and I slowly found myself running in Skechers Performance A LOT more than my Mizunos.  One thing led to another and I was brought on officially this winter.    As someone who scoffed at the brand for years, I never even gave the shoes a chance either... but it only took a few runs for my mind to change.  

I had a revelation while wearing my oldest pair of GoRun2s at work. I work in two different offices.  The suburban office has a conventional sit down desk.  However, the Chicago office, where I spend three days a week, has a stand up desk.  (My choice.)

The GoRun shoes are PERFECT for working standing up!

Therefore, I wish to pass on this suggestion to the design folks.  How about a line of Skechers GoStand?

Now as for buying the L.A. Clippers.....

Hahaha... If you read into that Clippers story it sounds made up to me, but if I can score free tix... I'm for it.

---------

Why is it sideways?

Kara Goucher just signed with Skechers.

We sure did!

Kara Goucher just signed with Skechers.

---------