Skechers Won the Boston Marathon (Read 594 times)

Last I checked both Brooks and Saucony are sold at Dick's Sporting Goods. And Puma, Adidas, and Nike all sell their running shoes at their mall outlets.

They are now. But those are their "mall shoes" not their performance running shoes.

Runners run

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

They are now. But those are their "mall shoes" not their performance running shoes.

Are you seeing the GORun shoes in the mall?  If so, I might have a reason to go to the mall again.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Petasn

I have Skecher GOrun2. I bought them and didnt suppose miracles, just more light road shoe. But by the time begun my favourite shoes for racing. I did every my PB with it. 10km 34:43, half 1:16:16, marathon 2:52.
        I already run 1150 km and when they had 1000 I used them for second half of 100km (really end of shoes career). It is very soft shoes withnou any stiff part (GOrun2/3). I won the shoes of Meb, it is really fast shoes but feel little different then in previous (have certain stiff in sole). Dont care about advertising.

Albon

runnertyler.com sums up the Skechers Performance Dvision shoes really good here:

http://runnertyler.com/2014/05/12/skechers-performance-shoe-lineup/

And I added Kurt Stockbridge video reviews of all Skechers Performance Division shoes to my own blog for easy access:

http://www.therunningswede.com/2014/04/skechers-performance-youtube-reviews.html

www.therunningswede.com

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Stefan - thank you, very helpful!

Liz

pace sera, sera

Exactly. Skechers may make a fine running shoe.

As a runner, I may never know it because they aren't doing anything (much, yet) to get that product to me. They aren't speaking my language, appealing to my needs, placing their product in places I would look, etc.

Now, if I was one of them 5k marathoners ... 

This is a good point and I'm curious what IS your language, what are your needs, etc... so that I can take that back to the office?

After spending 4 years at another running brand, it was the product  that swayed me.  I was a skeptic too, but did a few test runs in the shoes and was amazed how great they felt.  After the product opened my eyes to the brand I got to know the people behind the shoes and can say that I have sat in on meetings with every major brand.... this was the company that had me most excited.   This was all months before I even had an opportunity to join the brand.

In my first marathton wearing Skechers Performance, I PR'd in a "5k marathon" a few weeks ago in Massachusetts,,,,

---------

As to the Skechers shoes appearing in specialty stores, I'd be interested in hearing Seth's input on that, if he's allowed to talk about it.  I can imagine there might be a bit of a Catch-22 involved: the specialty stores won't carry them because "serious" runners don't wear them, and serious runners won't wear them because the specialty stores won't carry them.  Wondering if Meb's sudden prominence will break that.

I've never seen the GORun line in the mall, and I could tell they were kind of an afterthought even in that Skechers outlet I went to.  But I know what you mean.  I've never seen them in an expo, never seen them sponsor an event.

Great question.  I'd love to discuss... as this week I have spent most of my time visiting run specialty.

Our #1 objective for SS'15 (which will be the upcoming season) is to get the new lineup in the best running shops in the country.

We feel the new lineup, particularly the GOrun 4, Speed 3 (Meb's Boston shoe), and Strada (a new model forthcoming) will easily be our best collection to date and deserve shelf space in your local run shop.

As far as malls... you most likely will not see our performance stuff in a mall setting, but last year's shoes (GOrun2 for ex.) can often be found at Skechers Outlets... but again, they will not carry the current performance lineup either.

Hope this helps all!

---------

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

This is a good point and I'm curious what IS your language, what are your needs, etc... so that I can take that back to the office?

After spending 4 years at another running brand, it was the product  that swayed me.  I was a skeptic too, but did a few test runs in the shoes and was amazed how great they felt.  After the product opened my eyes to the brand I got to know the people behind the shoes and can say that I have sat in on meetings with every major brand.... this was the company that had me most excited.   This was all months before I even had an opportunity to join the brand.

In my first marathton wearing Skechers Performance, I PR'd in a "5k marathon" a few weeks ago in Massachusetts,,,,

Language - information - that I can use to select a product that suits my needs. I have a good idea of how to pick and choose amongst the established brands and models, but no idea how Skechers' products fit in to the mix.

So, I'd love to see comparisons among the Skechers Performance running line-up as well as comparisons (or comparable data) to other manufacturers' products ... stack height, drop, last shape (and which lasts are used in which shoes), forefoot volume/height/width, heel width, flexibility, appropriate usage (training, racing, ultra, trail, etc.), etc.

Fortunately, a lot of this is taken care of by retail sites such as RunningWarehouse ... but, of course, Skechers isn't there yet.

Unfortunately, Skechers' own website does nothing to unravel the mysteries. The only information I could find was a page on the "GOrun" (variants not addressed) and on the shopping pages, where you pretty much have to know what you're looking for (damned if I know a GOrun 3 from a GOrun 3 Rally).

Congratulations on your PR. It was a fine day for a race.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Thank you for this Buzzie!  Much appreciated!

---------

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Language - information - that I can use to select a product that suits my needs. I have a good idea of how to pick and choose amongst the established brands and models, but no idea how Skechers' products fit in to the mix.

So, I'd love to see comparisons among the Skechers Performance running line-up as well as comparisons (or comparable data) to other manufacturers' products ... stack height, drop, last shape (and which lasts are used in which shoes), forefoot volume/height/width, heel width, flexibility, appropriate usage (training, racing, ultra, trail, etc.), etc.

Fortunately, a lot of this is taken care of by retail sites such as RunningWarehouse ... but, of course, Skechers isn't there yet.

Unfortunately, Skechers' own website does nothing to unravel the mysteries. The only information I could find was a page on the "GOrun" (variants not addressed) and on the shopping pages, where you pretty much have to know what you're looking for (damned if I know a GOrun 3 from a GOrun 3 Rally).

Congratulations on your PR. It was a fine day for a race.

+1

steph  

Albon

Each GoRun shoe has a tech guide here www.skechersperformance.com

www.therunningswede.com

Just a dude.

For grins, I go to the web site: Skechers.com

I see cute girls wearing bright shoes. I see a picture for performance apparell. I see a row of links.

I'm a guy, so I go to Men. I see a pull down menu.

Even after reading this whole thread, I chose atheltic shoes. Looking at it again, perhaps performance was the right option. But whatever...

Then I am presented with a page with 184 choices on it. Everything from running shoes to golfing shoes to who knows what shoes.

(If i click on Performance, I'm presented with only 69 options.)

As I dig in a bit, I see that you are showing me the same shoe over and over in different colors.

I don't have any idea what is what. I can kinda guess a GOrun Ultra is a trail type shoe. There is nothing that tells me anything about the GOrun 3s, the GObionic 2, GOrun Ride 3, GObionic Fuel, GOrun Pace. I can figure out that the GOmeb Speed 2 is probably a racing flat. After that I see GOwalk and GOgolf, so I can stop looking at those. They aren't for a runner.

Now what do I do? How do I pick? The only two other obvious criteria are price and color. And with the color options, its hard. The GOrun Ride 3, there is a black top that looks like a fairly standard cusiony running shoe. But the Blue/Orange/White one looks far more sleek. That little chart posted a few posts back that showed the shoes in order from most to least cusioning would be so helpful. Something. Cuz now I am just clicking randomly trying to find info.

I do click on a shoe, and I see all the colors again. Scrolling down I see a list of specs. Finally something I can kind of use to tell the shoes apart. Except a lot of the things in the list I don't care about. There's an S logo. Something is 3d printed. On the GOride I clicked on, I care about these things: Midfoot strike, 4mm heel drop, 8.4 oz. If there was a link to more information, I'd like to maybe know more about the GOimpulse sensors and pillars. The stuff about the upper sounds kinda interesting, but I don't know what that means. Every shoe says its stable and breathable. 4 way stretching just means it stretches to me.

So I click on a different shoe: GOrun3 The list at the bottom is different. This one has a roomy forefoot. It's lighter. And the rest looks the same or is a different way of doing the same thing. A link to know what the heck Resalyte is and why its important would be nice. And how it compares to whatever was in the GOride.

Basically this far in, I have 2 choices. Go check it out in the store cuz I'm actually interested. Or give up and get the same Asics shoe I got last time... /shrug

I don't know how typical of a runner I am, but that's my reaction to the web site. You asked how do runners talk. That's at least how this one random runner on the Internet talks... /shrug

Hope that helps...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Thanks for the skechersperformance.com link.

The individual shoe pages and tech guides there are start.

I'm interested in the GObionic line ...

skechersperformance.com has a bit more to say about them than the shopping page at skechers.com:

http://skechersperformance.com/running/all#/53515-53519-53537-gobionic

A little google-fu turned up an information page on skechers.com with more info - including a most important point for me, an indication of a more generous toe box. Now, how one would find this page from within the skechers site is beyond me.

http://www.skechers.com/info/gobionic

I'm curious enough to order a pair, but can't seem to find them in my size.

The Skechers site doesn't show any GObionics for women. And the the men's (in stock at Skechers and on Amazon) aren't small enough - 7 or 7.5

Ah well ...

Liz

pace sera, sera

Just a dude.

Ok, I went and looked at the skechersperformance.com link. This website is 10x better. Perhaps the performance link on the skechers.com should just go here.

I still don't know what Resalyte or whatever is, but at least I can see what's what and get a feel for what I'm looking for.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

It's our proprietary midsole compound (like u4ic, lunarlon, phylin, boost, etc...)

A great review that might help answer some questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T98CsUBH-o

I still don't know what Resalyte or whatever is, but at least I can see what's what and get a feel for what I'm looking for.

-Kelly

---------