Skechers Won the Boston Marathon (Read 594 times)

bryantsf

Seth, are there going to be any major changes in the updates?

@bryantsf on Twitter

I've become a big fan of the GoRun Ride for long runs and easy runs.  I really like the combination of good forefoot cushioning within a lighter weight shoe.

How does the GoBionic Ride compare?  The specs I have seen suggest it is several ounces lighter than the GoRun Ride.  Does the GoBionic Ride have about the same amount of forefoot cushioning, or less?

I've become a big fan of the GoRun Ride for long runs and easy runs.  I really like the combination of good forefoot cushioning within a lighter weight shoe.

How does the GoBionic Ride compare?  The specs I have seen suggest it is several ounces lighter than the GoRun Ride.  Does the GoBionic Ride have about the same amount of forefoot cushioning, or less?

Awesome.  Glad you are enjoying the Rides!  I agree, very well cushioned in a lightweight package.

If you are looking for a shoe in the Bionic series, I would check out the GOBionic2 which is now out currently.
        11.5/11,5mm midsole give it a zero drop platform... you can add the included sockliner if you want a bit more cushion (makes it a 4mm drop).

Honestly.. if you enjoy the GOrun Ride 3... I think the best option from us to rotate in would be the GOrun3 or for faster days, the Speed2.

---------

Half Fanatic #846

I'd like to see Skechers in the East Bay catalogs...but really, only the "top five or six" brands seem to make it there. (Buy anything through East Bay, and it seems like you get the catalogs every three months or so for life!)

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Awesome.  Glad you are enjoying the Rides!  I agree, very well cushioned in a lightweight package.

If you are looking for a shoe in the Bionic series, I would check out the GOBionic2 which is now out currently.
            11.5/11,5mm midsole give it a zero drop platform... you can add the included sockliner if you want a bit more cushion (makes it a 4mm drop).

Honestly.. if you enjoy the GOrun Ride 3... I think the best option from us to rotate in would be the GOrun3 or for faster days, the Speed2.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I normally rotate the GoRun Ride with the Saucony Virrata, but now I think I am going to try out the GoRun 3 as well.

This is a good point and I'm curious what IS your language, what are your needs, etc... so that I can take that back to the office?

After spending 4 years at another running brand, it was the product  that swayed me.  I was a skeptic too, but did a few test runs in the shoes and was amazed how great they felt.  After the product opened my eyes to the brand I got to know the people behind the shoes and can say that I have sat in on meetings with every major brand.... this was the company that had me most excited.   This was all months before I even had an opportunity to join the brand.

In my first marathton wearing Skechers Performance, I PR'd in a "5k marathon" a few weeks ago in Massachusetts,,,,

I suspect that it was my recent switch to Skechers from that "other brand," that settled it for you.  I hope it works out for you.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

C-R

Well Seth. I gave it a try and bought a pair of GoRun3's after 4 runs of 6 to 10 miles each I can say I really like them. Light with good support. Now the final test for me is to see how many miles I can get from a pair but if they can go for 500 like my NB's I may have a new brand.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Well Seth. I gave it a try and bought a pair of GoRun3's after 4 runs of 6 to 10 miles each I can say I really like them. Light with good support. Now the final test for me is to see how many miles I can get from a pair but if they can go for 500 like my NB's I may have a new brand.

AWESOME!!    Stoked to hear you enjoyed them my friend.  What shoes in your lineup would you compare them to?

---------

C-R

AWESOME!!    Stoked to hear you enjoyed them my friend.  What shoes in your lineup would you compare them to?

thats a difficult question for me right now. I have MR10, MR20, 1400  and 890s. The GoRun is as light as any of my racers and feels more like a trainer. That's what seems to be the winning combination for me.  The MR20 is the most comparable but the feel is a bit more stiff.  Hope that helps.  PM me if you want other thoughts as this might bore the rest of the crew to tears.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feel free to e-mail me anytime..  Seth@Skechers.com

---------

Seth, are there going to be any major changes in the updates?

Oh yes!  It's a little early to share all the details... but GORun4 looks amazing and feels even better!

And of course.. the update to the Speed2 (Speed 3) is the model Meb wore in Boston

---------

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

I've got a question about the GoRun3s. I've got 200k on a pair, and the sole has already worn down quite a bit. At the current rate, I MIGHT hit 400k. Granted, shoes don't tend to last too long for me, but 200k? Other than that, I really like the shoes because they are so lightweight and still cushioned enough to handle the mix of cement and asphalt I usually run on. I guess that also has something to do with the wear, but still, it's not far at all for a pair of shoes. I know they aren't too expensive over there in the N. American region, but here in Taiwan they aren't so cheap.

My question is, is that normal for Sketchers? Is there another pair with a sturdier sole? Again, I really like the ride, not so sure about the wear.

bap

I've got a question about the GoRun3s. I've got 200k on a pair, and the sole has already worn down quite a bit. At the current rate, I MIGHT hit 400k. Granted, shoes don't tend to last too long for me, but 200k? Other than that, I really like the shoes because they are so lightweight and still cushioned enough to handle the mix of cement and asphalt I usually run on. I guess that also has something to do with the wear, but still, it's not far at all for a pair of shoes. I know they aren't too expensive over there in the N. American region, but here in Taiwan they aren't so cheap.

My question is, is that normal for Sketchers? Is there another pair with a sturdier sole? Again, I really like the ride, not so sure about the wear.

200,000 miles?!?!!?!

Certified Running Coach
                            Crocked since 2013

an amazing likeness

200,000 miles?!?!!?!

Hope you're just trying to be funny, the OP obviously means K=kilometers.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Solid question.   I'd be curious to see a picture of the outsole of your shoe... some wear/tear is definitely going to shoe around the 100 mile mark (sorry Im not metric) because we only add the impulse sensor (more durable rubber) in select high-impact areas.

That being said.... I usually get about 350-400 miles out of a pair before replacing.

---------