Annual Forum Awards (Read 2011 times)

It is been fun to watch this forum grow over the past year or so. There is certainly a wide range of talent amongst the herd--running, writing, whining, whatever. At any rate, I thought it might be at least mildly entertaining, as we approach year-end, to institute some annual awards. Such awards could be in a host of categories: Most improved runner Best running reports Best general reports Most races run during the year Most inspirational Longest race (ok, ok--Lynn wins already) Most mileage on a pair of running shoes still in circulation Most training miles on a treadmill Best avatar etc, etc, etc. If you are interested, send me your nominations--and feel free to make up others. You can, of course, nominate yourself (which you'd probably have to do for miles on shoes, treadmill, etc). If there is an interest, you can e-mail me at summerlinrunner@gmail.com. If there is an interest, I'll post updates (no names until final tally) on some of the categories (most miles on shoes, most races, etc) so you'll know whether you are in the "running" and should submit your stats. Anyway--let me know. And, if you think the idea sucks--well, keep it to yourself. I can only handle so much rejection in my life.
    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
    Wingz

Professional Noob

How about "Cutest race picture..." Big grin Evil grin Big grin Evil grin Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Prophet!

sounds like a great idea...as if i needed anymore excuses to spend more time on this site..
          Great idea - I love it!! Blush
          Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4

Now that was a bath...

It's a fab idea! Without trying to bias the categories...if you were already thinking of female with the largest feet/smallest breasts or member with the longest named rare blood disorder - I think I am in with a shot. Failing that I'll be looking for a better avatar. Claire xxx
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            JakeKnight

It's a fab idea! Without trying to bias the categories...if you were already thinking of female with the largest feet/smallest breasts or member with the longest named rare blood disorder - I think I am in with a shot.
              So many potential jokes. So little time. Nah. Just too easy. No challenge.
              . And, if you think the idea sucks--.
              This idea does suck ...
              --well, keep it to yourself. I can only handle so much rejection in my life.
              ... ah, crap. And I suck at following directions. I nominate myself for most excessive misuse of bandwidth, and for fastest time from marathon finish line to first beer. Current PR is roughly 23 seconds. But I'm working on it.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Best web-host Best running-log creator Most generous web-designer Most bugs I mean features found Best race host Best pumpkin pie baker Slowest 5K\Marathon Shortest Run Best excuse Most time wasted on RA Latest post. Or maybe post closest to required wakey wakey time.

Prophet!

How about, Most creative use of colors in the training log..
                    if you were already thinking of female with the largest feet/smallest breasts - I think I am in with a shot.
                    Are you sure ;-p?

Running in Belgium
                    Ann

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

fastest time from marathon finish line to first beer. Current PR is roughly 23 seconds. But I'm working on it.
                      Hmmm...I think I found an event that I could kick your ass at (hey, say that fast and it sounds like asshat!). Mmmm...beer.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This idea does suck ...
                        Let not your heart be troubled, my fellow former Marine. You have actually been nominated for a couple of awards Shocked. And no, the nominees will not know who the nominators are. I have no doubt you find the entire idea somewhat less than thrilling. But, apparently those that nominated you don't care Wink.
                        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Cryptic

I think we are going to have people strapping a beer on their belt so they can crack the can as they cross the finish line........hmmm it would foam and give you a shower but it could let you PR :P
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

And no, the nominees will not know who the nominators are.
                            Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin In that case, I've got a few more for you... Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Just to bring you up to date, nominations have been received in the following categories: Most Inspirational Best Shopper Best Avatar Most Persevered Most Improved Runner Best Running Reports Best Running Advice Best General Reports Best Excuse Most time wasted on RA Cutest Race Picture And others.
                              waterfordrider

Team Effort

Great idea!! What were your thoughts in regards those of us who are other than runners ( cyclists, etc.)

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum