question about shoe wear patterns (Read 717 times)

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

I overpronate. If I look at the wear pattern on the bottom of my shoes, it is consistent with overpronation. But if a shoe is adequately compensating for my overpronation, should I see a neutral wear pattern? Or should I always see an overpronation wear pattern regardless of what type of shoe I'm wearing? The reason I ask is because I'm in motion control+ shoes right now with only 60 miles on them, and I have significant wear indicative of overpronation (like the blue circles in this article). If my wear pattern means I need a shoe with more motion control, I probably couldn't even find one!

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

you might run a bit duck footed... and then no amount of support will change that you land on the outside of your heal... and toe off the inside of your foot... near the ball of your foot. So to answer your question... someone would have to watch you run from behind...
      sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

you might run a bit duck footed... and then no amount of support will change that you land on the outside of your heal... and toe off the inside of your foot... near the ball of your foot.
        Yes, I definitely do run duck-footed.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...