Flouride and Kids- A Survey (Read 629 times)

How many of you give your kids flouride tabs or use a rinse? Have you been told that you need to do it or is it something you just initiated? Do you have well water or do you need the flouride despite having city water? If you've been told you should use tablets (ingest vs. just using a rinse), what was the reason? If you don't have flouride in your water and don't use any flouride tab or rinse, why not? Are you against flouride/have any worries using it? Why/ why not? Thanks!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well water. Dane takes a multi-vit. with fluoride. I need to be better about using a fluoride rinse, too, as I have been far more cavity-prone since we moved here. When we had city water with fluoride my teeth were in better shape. Speaking of, did you know GR was the first city in the US to add fluoride to the public water?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Speaking of, did you know GR was the first city in the US to add fluoride to the public water?
        Yes! I quickly found that out after doing some searches on the web. Didn't realize that before.

Think Whirled Peas

Well water, and we do not give our kids flouride tabs. Our dentist said that we're fine as long as we're giving the Qlets a children's multivitiamin. My brother and SIL live in Hesperia and they're on a well also. Their doc strongly recommended that they have the kids taking at least some form of flouride supplement. I'm glad you brought this up, I'm curious to know too. I think I'm in the minority on this, as it seems like most people I've encountered are giving their kids flouride supplements...

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Yes! I quickly found that out after doing some searches on the web. Didn't realize that before.
            THIS IS TOTALLY NEW SUBJECT Roll eyes Sockoni, I LOVE your new avatar! Happy Thursday.
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
              Sockoni, I LOVE your new avatar! Happy Thursday.
              Thanks Jilly! Big grin
                In Israel none of the water is fluoronated. I wont comment on the dental health here. I recommend a supplement for kids and adults who dont get it in their water. Of course, what kind is a whole different question.
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Speaking of, did you know GR was the first city in the US to add fluoride to the public water?
                  I was not aware of that. What an amazing fact, Miss Claven. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're welcome, Mr. McMahon. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

In Juneau we FINALLY banned the fluoridation of public water. See this month's Scientific American if you want to for health related reasons. We use a fluoride rinse for the kids.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Gotta TRI

My two cents--- Mom gave us flouride tabs as kids, I always took them my sister spit them out. I'm 40 years old with NO cavities, little sis has a whole bunch!! Big grin
                        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                          See this month's Scientific American if you want to for health related reasons.
                          That's been interesting reading, quite like other articles I've found. Thanks for the info Crabby!
                            Do you have a link to the article???
                            Freerunner

I don't give my kids flouride tabs. We are on public water system. The dentist recommended it but I don't do it. One reason is they told me that my teeth had to much floruide and it ate the enamual off a couple of my teeth. The front teeth are discolored because I don't have enamual on them. I don't want my kids to have the same problem. Confused I don't even give my kids multivitiams, what is everyones take on that also. Should the kids get a mutivitaim everyday? This is a great discussion topic! Thanks!
                              Jill_B

I fly.

My older son takes a pill b/c the ped & ped dentist suggested it. We are on municipal water with no added flouride.

Bring it on.