So nervous... (Read 747 times)

My 9 year old daughter runs in the region cross country meet tomorrow. I think that I am more nervous for her than she is. I hope she does well enough that she decides to keep involved in the sport. It might be a little selfish but if she keeps running I keep my running partner for my warm ups.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Good luck! What distance and time does she run? My 8 year old daughter runs 1 mile xc, around 8:00-8:30. The winners all go about 6:15. It is crazy fast!

Think Whirled Peas

Good luck! What distance and time does she run? My 8 year old daughter runs 1 mile xc, around 8:00-8:30. The winners all go about 6:15. It is crazy fast!
        DANG!!! Shocked 8-8:30 is quick, but a 6:15 for an 8-year old is absolutely saMOKING! I can't fall out of a tree that fast!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

My 9 year old daughter runs in the region cross country meet tomorrow. I think that I am more nervous for her than she is. I hope she does well enough that she decides to keep involved in the sport. It might be a little selfish but if she keeps running I keep my running partner for my warm ups.
          Very cool! I hope she has fun and does well (for her sake, and yours). Smile
          I can't fall out of a tree that fast!
          Oh, that is too funny!! I'll have to remember that line

Michelle

DANG!!! Shocked 8-8:30 is quick, but a 6:15 for an 8-year old is absolutely saMOKING! I can't fall out of a tree that fast!
            I bet you could if you really tried. But you probably couldn't run that fast, I know I sure as hell couldn't. Them is some fast youngins.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The usually run a 2K course. She finishes in about 18 mins. The winner of the last race finished in 10:55.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

How did it go?
                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.