Bragging twice in one week... (Read 951 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Sorry about this, but I have to share this with people that "get" it. I just ran my normal 5k loop in a personal best 23:19. Works out to a 7:30 m/m pace and for me that is SMOKING! I don't know why but I just felt great from the second I took off. Admittedly, midway through the run I was fairly certain I was going to die, but it was almost like I needed to hurt today. Sounds weird, I realize, but it's the truth. I didn't want to run easy, I wanted to get the wobbly legged, lungs burning, side-stitched effort I knew was somewhere in me. I feel like prepping for the HM has gotten me a little too used to running for distance and never really giving any one run an all out effort. Well today was an all out effort! What is it about running that gives a person such a great feeling after voluntarily trying to kill themselves? I am on cloud nine right now!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What is it about running that gives a person such a great feeling after voluntarily trying to kill themselves? I am on cloud nine right now!
      I totally know where you are coming from--we're crazy, but it's all good. At least we're among kindred spirits around here! My HM race last weekend was run at a pace faster than all my previous PRd races...including 5ks, 10ks, and 15ks - insane! I have a feeling this will not be the last time either of us experience this, Mike! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ROFL!! I can completely relate. Getting out there, running strong, feeling great and then thinking "oh wow, this is hard, this sucks, what am I doing? I should stop now..." but then we just keep on going, excited and motivated by how fast we are cruising along. Knowing that some of those aches and pains mean that we're really pushing hard. Congratulations Mike!

Michelle

Mishka-old log

Awesome! You're gonna get so much better too! Keep truckin.

You'll ruin your knees!

Don't you know that SMOKING is bad for you???? You bad boy, very bad! Way to go! I look forward to more posts to those of us who "get" it from you! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

No need to be sorry about a great run, congrats!

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

What is it about running that gives a person such a great feeling after voluntarily trying to kill themselves? I am on cloud nine right now!
                Wow - awesome run!!! Yeah, we get it, and we love to hear about it. Well said Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

Another Passion

That's awesome, Mike! I hope to PR in the Race for the Cure 5K this Sunday. I'm shooting for under 25:00. Thanks for the inspiration and... keep up the great work!

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com