running routes in the Bay Area ? (Read 537 times)

Prophet!

I'm heading out to San Francisco for a wedding in October...anybody here lives around there and can suggest nice (i.e. flat) routes to run ?? I'll mostly be in Pleasanton but some days i'll be in Union Square... Aloha
    mikeymike

Have you tried this site: http://www.usatf.org/routes/search/ You can put in the city and distance you want to run. From Union Sq. the flattest route you will find will be to go down Market St. to the Ebarcadero and run along it. You can go north or south along the water and it will be pancake flat. Otherwise San Francisco is very hilly.

Runners run

In Pleasanton there is the Iron Horse Trail which runs all the way up to Concord about 35 miles to the north. Its a paved trail that at the north end is not pretty - it runs along side a dry river bed and some industrial estates - but I've never run it at the Pleasanton end. In San Francisco a run along the Embarcadero by the waterfront is great, as mikeymike said - from the ballpark, past the ferry building, Fishermans Wharf, the Presidio and out to the Golden Gate Bridge. A lot of the San Francisco races follow this route - its beautiful. Its about as flat as you will get in San Francisco.