They were good times while they lasted (Read 934 times)

19:39, we met almost two years ago.  I never expected to meet someone like you, you were way out of my class.  You took my breath away when we met, and we've been together since.  Over the years I met many other times, 20:05, 20:41, but none were even close. For two years, it felt good to walk around with you at my side.

But two years is a long time, and I've been getting restless.  I'm not the same person I was back then, and, well... I ran a 5K today, and met someone new.  I'm afraid I'm leaving you for 19:34.  19:34 isn't that much better, but it's new.  I don't think it's anything serious... we probably won't be together long, but for now things are great.  Still, I feel like I could meet someone better still.

So goodbye, 19:39, and thanks for the good times.

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

xor

Woohoo for 19:34!! 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So...19:39 is available, 'eh?  Damn, too bad I'm not. Tongue

Nice job, Nate! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

KMB

nice job Nate!

a man shouldnt be tied down at your age

Awesome job on the PR and awesome job making me laugh :P
            RunsForCake

LOL!  Awesome read and congrats on the new PR!
              GST

19:39, we met almost two years ago.  I never expected to meet someone like you, you were way out of my class.  You took my breath away when we met, and we've been together since.  Over the years I met many other times, 20:05, 20:41, but none were even close. For two years, it felt good to walk around with you at my side.

But two years is a long time, and I've been getting restless.  I'm not the same person I was back then, and, well... I ran a 5K today, and met someone new.  I'm afraid I'm leaving you for 19:34.  19:34 isn't that much better, but it's new.  I don't think it's anything serious... we probably won't be together long, but for now things are great.  Still, I feel like I could meet someone better still.

So goodbye, 19:39, and thanks for the good times.

Congrats.

Awesome RR Big grin

...---...

19:39 has some great curves, but yeah, I understand your attraction to 19:34.

Nice work. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Patzer

Hilarious.  Congrats!

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

19:39 is out there?  I better get in shape and try and see if I can catch her 'cause right now she's just a little out of my league.

redleaf

Congrats!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Pammie

Great post Nate and congrats to you and hope you find much better out there

Do you think 19:34 has a brother i'm not fussy even 21:45 would be cool at the moment nothing serious mind not looking at anything long term