The Perfect Runner (Read 555 times)

If anyone gets a chance to see a documentary called "The Perfect Runner", make sure you check it out.  It was just on The Nature of Things here in Canada tonight.  Great show.

Very much along the same lines as the book "Born To Run", they talk about the evolution of humans as long distance runners and feature persistance running (hunting), runners in Ethiopia, the idea of natural or barefoot running, and a little on Ultras and the Canadian Death Race.

2014 Goals

Weight - 200 lbs (stuck around 211)

2000 miles (1190 as of July 1)

Work on stretching and flexibility (doing so much better at this!)

Stay healthy for Boston 2015 (have a BQ -9:00 time) - check!

Marathon - 3:10 (Goal Race in October)

HM 1:29:59 (Goal race in July)

10k - 39:59 (no goal race yet)

5k - 19:55 (19:43 July 4, 2014)

DanMoriarity

Thanks for the info. I PVR'd it tonight and will check it out tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

It is airing a second time in Canada on Sunday night.

I though the last bit on the Canadian Death Race was really interesting. That woman is tough; pulls her hamstring, duct tapes it and off she went to finish! 

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

"The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race."

xor

sincere not-snarky post.  I had to look up 'PVR'.

I just got used to DVR.  Now  we're on to PVR.  Oy.

At least I know what an HDMI connector looks like now.  And I no longer say "I taped that show".

I've noticed that people in the media still they're taping the interview, etc.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.