saucony kinvara 4 (question) (Read 21 times)

jsphknndy1

hi, I'm new to the forum.  just got a quick question regarding the kinvara 4's.

I'm running on average about 10miles per week,  usually doing 3 miles in the morning as part of my boxing training.  I used to do my roadwork in whatever trainers I had lying around: nike air max/puma whirlwinds, just whatever old trainers were lying around my house at the time. I wore a pair of solid ascics trainers for boxing, for possibly about 3 years and still have some life in them.

anyway, I haven't had any running injuries yet however I invested in a proper pair of runners and was told the kinvara 4 was a good shout.  So i bought a pair back in May, they were/are great, comfortable etc. however in the past week I've started to get pains in the back of my calves after running.  I was told this would be a sign of the trainers coming to their end of life, but going by how the guy that sold me the trainers in the running shop told me to check them they still seem as if there is plenty of give in them at the moment.

I'm approximating that I have doing about 200+ miles in them so far and was under the impression that I should be getting at least 300 out of them?

can anyone offer any advice on this or what might be causing the calf pain?  Never had this issue until now.