Best way to name workouts (Read 362 times)

Hi folks,

Another potentially newbie question here. When working with a workout imported from my Forerunner, there's the Courses pop-up menu/field. For courses that are "clean," I've gone through and saved the map as a course, then assigned the course to each appropriate workout. But by "clean" I mean that there's no ancillary data - I run with a group at Cornell University, so nearly every run has some random warmup and cooldown distance associated with it (and thus dirtying up the map course).

So I guess the question is this: Is there a downside to creating a course - call it "Forest Home Loop" and assigning it to workouts that have varying lengths due to different warmup/cooldown runs? I park in different locations, so "Forest Home Loop" could be 6 miles one day and 7 the next.

For the most part, these courses aren't things I'm particularly worried about times on, so there shouldn't be a lot of comparison between different runs of the same course.

cheers... -Adam

Giant Flaming Dork

When you use a route, you can always change the distance you went.  For instance, I have a 5 mile loop that I run  - and sometimes I'll add a little extra onto it.  In those cases, I just add the half mile or so that I did in the "distance" field and be done with it. 

I also have a workout type called WU/CD, where I log my warm up and cool down distances.  Usually I'll just use "Random Route" as a course to log this.  Mainly I do this to keep the courses clean so that I can tell if I'm runnin any faster.

Hope this helps.

http://xkcd.com/621/